xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

How To Access A Different Computers Directory

So here we go:First make sure the dirrectory on the other computer in your network is free to the network.To free it, right click on the folder or harddrive, then properties and then the seconde option(i have a german computer so its freigabe there but it should be something like network free folder or something...youl find it easily)Then fill out the requirements including to give the folder a network free folder name.After all that, you should be able to go back to your computer and remotely access it.(dont forget to leave on the other computer!!!)Now go to start/network surrounding(or something like that)sorry my german *BLEEP* computer!!!and open it.Then add a network ressource(link is in the left menu of that directory)and go through the instructions again. Youll have to give the directory place (computer\blablabalb\dir)In the end, make a shortcut to this folder on your desktop and you will always be able to click on it if the other computer is on, to access and see the remote files.If you need some more help, email me under-penguinhawkk@hotmail.comGOod LUck

To be honest, this isn't a good guide (if it can even be considered one). You find the answer much faster by typing it in the windows help than to decypher what is written here.Try paragraphs, and proper terms.