xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hercco

Google Bought Youtube

Thats realy a great news!But I'm little bit confused about the news!Google is already having one Video sevice "Google Video" which is still on its Beta Phase!Whether they are going to delete that service and use that youtube.com as main site(like Orkut.com, which is in affiliation with Google )Or any other plans?Guys what are you thinking about this one? :P Regards,Niran

youtube is starticng to suck.. :P'some companies here in japan has already sued youtube and asked them to remove the music videos of the company on youtube.. avex has also now bought youtube i guess....theyre banning AVEX matrerials in youtube

Theyve already brought youtube? i know they wanted to buy it for $1.6billion, think they brought it for $1.65billion thoughGoogle said theyve got so much money and theyre not doing anything with it, so why not purchase youtube and expand the google network?

think they brought it for $1.65billion though

Yeah, that's true. I was shocked when I saw the amount of money spent on a single web site! I wish I were the owner of YouTube - they had a great idea, and managed to earn 1.65 billion dollars about two years, if I am not mistaken.

As for WHY Google bought it, I don't think it's such a mistery. As Zebrius said, they do have a lot money, and it just keeps pouring in. Google Videos is very good, but YouTube remains better. So, if you can't beat them, buy them :P

I think it's a great example of a building successful in a short period of time, that is not only popular but is worth a tremendous amount of money.Way to go guys!Gin

And I always thought it would be the one internet bubble.

I'm still puzzled how they managed to last that long without visible advertising (intro movies). Posted ImageI'd like to learn how they made their cash before this happening. Posted ImageGoogle is an advert giant, I'm sure they'll see some use in it.

Makes sense as well that youtube operates independatly, google has video google of course which fits their style more. Youtube acquired for the massive reach it has.

Although this was not completely unexpected, I was surprised that Google ended up acquiring YouTube. For one, Google already has Google Video, which I must admit, has a far less pleasing user interface than YouTube's. It also is not as popular. On the other hand, YouTube is a sinking company with multiple copyright infringement lawsuits about to drag it to the grave. It is also well known to be losing a lot of money. I am curious what Google will do differently to save the company.

I think this is the biggest internet joke for years...A totally inflated price for really not much of a product..I guess goggle are just going to flood the site with thier ads..and then make revenue for that..Also Google wil have to hand out a LOT of money to pay off all the people about to sue for copyright infingement..Lol I looked at the most video of all time on YouTube..wow what a let down!33,804,545 people have watched this american guy dance badly to different tunes..10646 people actually took thier time to place a comment below this video...And 85204 people bookmarked or emailed it on..I want the 2 mins of my life back that I used watching this crap!Next most viewed one was the same thing as Numa but with Pokeman..sorry guy I really dont get the joke?So at the end of the day what they got? a truck load of teeneagers sharing videos of them singing along to Numa and other appaling tunes..Thats going to make them a LOT of money me thinks!! cos teenagers spend SOO much online with thier credit cards and alaways hit adverts on sites...Yes I am being Ironic as usual :PWaste of money..should have spent it on good publicity like 1.6 billion dollars worth of grain for Darfur..helping Tsunami victims etc etc cos youtube will never turn a profit for Google..

Edited by Mark420 (see edit history)

I wonder when the public love affair with Google will end and they will become the next "evil corporation" in everyone's eyes. Aka the next Microsoft. I've already seen it start with people criticising Google of censorship in China, etc.

I think this is not unexpected at all... I mean, it's google, they buy things, thats what they do haha. Sure they have google video but why compete with youtube when you can just buy it? Its easier to absorb these competitors then to actually create a competetor that is better. Well, not better tech wise but better popularity wise. As google buys up these individual companies that dominate there own respective areas they immediately have market control for that type of site. It makes a good business sense seeing as google apparently wants to be the best at everything so they can integrate everything you do online into one massive googlenet.

I don't see this with good eyes... it can't be very good having Google absorbing other companies from the same segment. Seems like in some year we may have another big monopoly, as big as Microsoft is nowadays.

I don't see this with good eyes... it can't be very good having Google absorbing other companies from the same segment. Seems like in some year we may have another big monopoly, as big as Microsoft is nowadays.

@Mark420
thanks mate for the link..

----

i am on bolt but i frequently visit youtube..
i have watched great movies in youtube split in 10 parts sometimes even 15 to 20 segments..

if it is google it will be good.. i hope they maintain that..

absorption is not bad but they will introduce more people with different beliefs and aim than the original team. they can get conflicts and the product item will downgrade.

----

i have no words to google ads.. they are small text boxes that loads fast.. they pay good money to maintain server.. bout video stream.. i guess they are in the edge of lossing money rather than gaining..

bandwitdh is expensive.. but space is not..

Yea google ads are the only ones I can stand frankly, and the more google ads out there the less invasive horrid flashy annoyingh ads are roaming the net. Until google starts slipping up I'll back them, I know it just seems like they'll go the microsoft route but if they keep making profits and flourishing without pulling any punches and being "evil" as they say, I have no problem with them spreading out even furthur. Integration of the various services the web offers is where its at and google seem like the most likely source for such integration. Other companies try but google succeeds :P

Well, if they bought it then that means they saw some profit out of it, youtube gets lots, I mean lots of visits.. and it is normal, that they couldn't compete with it, the google video - I used to use it, but not as much as youtube, even though I don't watch a lot of those crazy short movies/clips etc.I want to ask something, I never saw a google site with their own ads on the site, is it true..? I browse with privoxy and never see any ads or affiliates, but I don't think that they put ads on their own sites. :PNow all google needs is a Google Radio service :P and all the most popular Internet services will be taken over! Well, the company as said really grown big and can start a monopoly, but people are using them, just because usually their service is working and trustable, even though I don't like google as I used to before, I don't like superb big companies :P When the owners die, the next owners, maybe their kids will take over and you can never know what can happen, but I am just talking, I don't really know the owners biographies and who are their kids :P