xisto Community
96than

Your Online Routine

Im sure a lot of us have an online routine that we do almost every day, or maybe everyday....

So what is yours?

Mine is something like this:

- Check e-mail

- Check forums (wap forum, Xisto etc.)

- Posting in forums (if anything interesting)

- Check my wap site

- Then read sports

This is easy :P

When I log in, my mail accounts are automatically checked (Hotmail and GMail)

After reading the mail (if there is any), I start up Firefox (if there was no (g)mail :P) Once it loads, I open several web sites I check regularly, including Xisto :P

The next thing I do is turning to various news sources I use for updating my two web sites.

And in the end, I just freelance the web while creating a template or chatting. Whatever I'm into at that moment.

First, I start up Google Talk to see if I have any new mail. Then, I open up my Firefox and log into Gmail regardless if I have anything new in the inbox. Then I read my Google Alerts that I get in the mail everyday, and then read the "Newgrounds top 5" mail to check out the newest flashes on the net. After that, I check out Xisto (but not anymore, though, because school has become much more time-consuming than before). Finally, if I still have time, I work on whatever project I'm working on at that moment.

Dial up and open SwiftSwitch. Log into RS, maybe go on IRC.Open Opera, email (by msn), sometimes msn, rarely limewire.On Opera, I have one tab for RSC, then the other goes through about 5 forums, including this one. Obviously more tabs for any intresting links.edit: Runescape Community.

Edited by toby (see edit history)

Dial up and open SwiftSwitch. Log into RS, maybe go on IRC.
Open Opera, email (by msn), sometimes msn, rarely limewire.

On Opera, I have one tab for RSC, then the other goes through about 5 forums, including this one. Obviously more tabs for any intresting links.

what is RSC? i am just curious...

Well, first thing I do is login, then open Firefox. Then I wait a couple seconds for Firefox to check my email (three Gmail accounts, one for spam, one for friends, and one for official matters). Afterwards, I read/reply to email if needed and proceed to several forums that I go to a lot. Then I open up Radioblogclub and listen to some music as I start working on homework. Then if I finish my homework and still have time to spare, I either spend that designing websites or just doing some random Google/Wikipedia searches. Usually I note whatever I find under a new heading in Google Notebook so that I now have many categories of miscellaneous research there....

Check forums

check forums

repeat

Posted Image

Seriously; I should stop myself from refreshing them too often. When I boot up though I think first things I do are:

-If new mail, check.

-fire up X-Chat 2 IRC (although I forget to do this often until later in cycle)

-Browse on firefox. Fora, Digg.com ...

-Launch Xfire and game

-Check for game videos to add to Game website

Some gaming and other stuff woven in between. Now it is 0:33 am, lessons at univ later yet going to pull an allnighter learning java or something. Whee! Posted Image

Hehe... I rule :P1. Launch Firefox & go to Gmail2. Check School email3. Check other main email4. Optional. Check Yahoo mail5. Xisto & see what's going on6. Check other forums8. Start AIM & MSN because I probably forgot to 9. Open Dreamweaver & CoreFTP10. Open a site or some sort of project & work on it11. Download some scripts at hotscripts12. Any "real" work[N]F

Edited by nightfox (see edit history)

Haha, many times I have agonized over the most efficient routine for web perusal. Sometimes I have only five minutes to check my stuff before I must get off the computer.I think it's something like this.-Check Myspace account for band and myself-Log in to forums, make posts-Check Gmail account for important mailThat's the majority of what I do when I'm crunched for time. If I have a little while, I'll browse Myspace for new bands, make extended posts on this forum, update my band's profile on other sites, and find resources for audio editing and Photoshop.

Well here's mine:-start icq-start IRC-open ff and check some news sites (pc, console, gamdev, psp this usually takes the most amount of time :P) +incase there is something interesting -> download it +this also includes forums post at the various sites (including this forums,...wow :P)-open thunderbird check for emails-sometimes start google talkIf I'm bored I search youtube for funny videos, or listen to some good webradio at happyhardcore.com :PBut I have not that much time available, it's hard to me to say "Get out of the net you have work to do"If I don't recall that everytime, I'm lost for hours -> there is always something new to discover :P

Edited by tommydanger (see edit history)