xisto Community
abartar

Windows Media Player Plays All Video In Full Screen

I have a problem with my windows media player.It plays all videos in full screen mode. The media player does not show any menu bars etc when it starts playing video. hence I cannot reduce the size. I have tried pressing Alt + enter looking through options like video size, zoom etc, but to no luck. Even try uninstalling and reloading different version but in all case the problem persists.I have used ver. 9, 10 11 (beta). All versions are giving problems.Any help is appreciated.

Try these keyboard shortcuts friend!

That may help you!

Full Mode: Ctrl+1

Skin Mode: Ctrl+2

If Its not working, then u may be enabled hoide menubar option!

To disable thise try these keyboard shortcuts:

Ctrl+M : will show the menu bar

Ctrl+Shift+M : will enable the option to auto hide menubar!

If its not working fine, then do reply t this post!

Regards,

Niran

Edit:

yordan Overtaked me :P

Edited by Niran (see edit history)

I could of sworn that Windows Media Player already ahd this from original versions.Meh, they do this anyway, to make people check the Microsoft website for the new release with new features, then buy the things they'll find on the site!What a con!!

I have a possible solution for abartar. I had the same problem. I had to go into: Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced. I have a tab in there called "GEForce 6800" for nView dual monitor settings. Under a setting for "Full Screen Video," I clicked to disable full screen device, and it fixed the problem...Finally.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Replying to Feedbacker I have a Nividia Quadro FX 540 that all of sudden was doing the same thing. I tried navigating several ways to the place you mentioned, but, could not get there except by the exact route you mention. I changed the settings and everything is fine now.

I was going freaking going nuts with this problem. I was trying to edit video on one monitor while watching a training vid on the other and couldn't stop the other monitor from launching into full-screen whether I used Nero or Windows Media Player.

Cannot thank you enough for having this tip posted and yahoo finding it on my problem search

-reply by Mike

Didn

Replying to Feedbacker

Feedbacker's post got me looking in the right spot.

Control panal - display - settings - advanced

I there I have an "overlay" tab, then click on theater mode options and select "same on all"

That did the trick for me!

Thanks for getting me in the right place!

Mike

-reply by Mike

Hey Mike, your response took me to the mode options, thanks. But, the options are "grayed over" and I can't change anything. Do you have any ideas that might help? It says "These overlay settings are only available in dual-controller Clone mode, and not single display or extended desktop configurations". I have NO IDEA what this means.-question by Nita

Thanks for your post.  It has at least got me in the right place.  I don't have that tab but I changed an "overlay" setting on my diplay and that has at least stopped media player from taking over my computer.  Now, I seem to have diabled videoin my media player and only get sound.

Darryl

-reply by Author Name - e.G. John, MikeKeywords: cancel windows media player full screen mode

I have the opposite problemWindows Media Player Plays All Video In Full Screen

I wish I had your problem. I'm trying to figure out how to force Mediaplayer 11 to open all video's in full screen mode. I'm tired of having to resize them. I never had this problem with Mediaplayer 10.

Dennis

-reply by Dennis

how to force adobe flasher player to only play the vids I wantWindows Media Player Plays All Video In Full ScreenEvery time I visit certain sites, Adobe downlods the latest video and plays it.I have tried all the settings and it just carries on.Some sites do not respond if one does not have a flash player. Is there ab alternative to Adobe Flash player that does not do its own thing?RegardsCase-question by Case