xisto Community
niran

Whats Hapnd To Astahost?

Whats happened to Xisto.com yesteday?

It was not loading yesterday night! :P

It was redirecting to: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

and it was showing as:

This Account Has Been Suspended

Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

Thanks GOD, Its back now!! :P

But I like to thank the staffs here, because the site which was hosted at Xisto.com was not down at that tiime! :P

Check the discussion at Xisto here

Niran

Edited by Niran (see edit history)

Yes, i saw that. Fortunately, my hosted site had no problem.

maybe Opaque failed to pay his bills for Xisto.com

and then i just remember.. Opaque is running the servers..
perhaps he failed to pay himself for the hosting..

:P

anyway.. nice it was back.. just been idle for a long time then
that suspended page displays when i visit the site..

If you follow the Xisto link Niran privided, you will see that Opaque has to log in as admin at expiration of each account, including his own one. And apparently, he cannot say "paid for 100 years", he has to input "paid this year", wait one year, and click "paid one extra year" again. So, we will probably have some minutes forum downtime once a year. I think I can survive to that, can you ?

And apparently, he cannot say "paid for 100 years", he has to input "paid this year", wait one year, and click "paid one extra year" again. So, we will probably have some minutes forum downtime once a year. I think I can survive to that, can you ?

I've seen that method somewhere before. I think it was 100freehosting or something. Although you could click to build up through the years. I had like 5 on reserver. Anyways, I can definately survive a few minutes of downtime from the site. It doesn't affect our hosting, which is rather nice. I tried to connect yesterday as well to catch up with some of my poinst and credits. So far so good. At least I'm not in the negative. All in all I found it rather funny to find that the account 'had been suspended'. At first I was like, 'What did I type in?'. So I tried it again, and the same thing.

If you follow the Xisto link Niran privided***
So, we will probably have some minutes forum downtime once a year. I think I can survive to that, can you ?

no need for me.. just have experience with this before..
though i usually stock up everything for auto renew using cron jobs every month.. :P

maybe they dont do that since they may have a different billing system in the server..

i cant live a few mins downtime every year..
if it goes down everytime i get back logging in to the forum again..

LOL..

this is more of an easter egg than a problem anyway.. cept for those who have 1 point remaining before being suspended in hosting..

Last night as I was about to post to this site I got the same message and thought hmmm what is going on and checked the bookmark that I normally use to be sure the addy was correct and it was but the same message came up again. I know that I had not made any bad posts in the prior days that would result in suspension.

So I went to other bookmarks and later returned to find the same thing happening. I tried adding the customer/support/ to the domain and then just support/ and also customer/ and even added index.php as well as index.htmland had no luck at all. Then I thought well what can I do about this I can't even address my issue and having less than seven days of credit and could not even access the site to make even a test post as an anonymous user as though I were banned and not suspended.

I then went to my FTP program and was able to access my site proving that my account was in fact still active and I thought perhaps another company had taken over the management of Xisto or even worse scenarios. How glad I am now to see that some sort of glitch happened and it was short lived.

The only thing that I have to add is that I am glad to see that I am able to post to the site again and build up my credits although working quite hard on other projects which occupy most of my time and I can post infrequently now till we get through the crunch and can hire more people that can do the sorts of things that I do in my job which involve networks electrical and installation of raceways (rigid imc and emt conduits) and termination and testing of all cables from fiber optics, CAT 5e and control wiring and high voltage wiring and power distribution for various occupancies

Me, personally, I didn't notice a thing.
Just looks like you were a bit down on your luck their Niran.

Quite a lot of us were a bit down on your luck. Furtunately, it was a very problem, not a big issue.

Everything should be back to normal except for the process page (new firewall is set too high, I'm afraid)Until we can resolve this issue (hopefully in 30 days) please be patient with us. For all related questions please feel free to PM me.Thank you. Acting Admin.Topic closed.