xisto Community
mexLabs

How Our Gmail Account Is Made

A look into Google's username factory...
Every day, eager workers at Google's corporate headquarters in sunny California start their day with a wholesome breakfast (a hungry worker isn't a happy worker), and then get to task creating new Gmail usernames for the thousands of users that sign up every single day!

You can create your own Gmail username by visiting the Gmail homepage. You can sign up for your very own Gmail username using your mobile phone.

How we make your username, step by step:

1. A vistor to one of Google's many services decides that he or she would like to get a Gmail username.
2. That visitor might visit Google's Google Account Help page to learn more about Google Accounts. That visitor then visits the Gmail page and fills out a quick-and-easy form.
3. Somewhere within the Google offices, a bright flashing light alerts workers to the new request. Quickly, a worker tears off a printout listing the new user's details and sprints across the campus towards the engineering department.
4. The printout is handed off to a Google engineer, who punches a precise pattern of holes into a paper card. The engineer then feeds the card into the G-Frame computer, which reads the punches and puts the new user information into the large Gmail database.
5. The engineer then rides a Segway over to the customer service department and hands the printout to a New User Welcoming Representative, who quickly writes a friendly e-mail to the new user and sends it.
6. The new user recieves a confirmation and can now log in! The process is complete and the user now has access to a world of helpful and useful Google services.

Okay, one more time... how can I get my own username?

You too can be part of this process. Just visit the Gmail site and sign up using your mobile phone! Have fun with your new Gmail account!

https://sites.google.com/site/2kndrppdrn/

Notice from pyost:
When copying content from other web sites, be sure to use the QUOTE tag and specify the source. Posting a text without doing this is considered plagiarism, which is not allowed at Xisto.

A look into Google's username factory...

Every day, eager workers at Google's corporate headquarters in sunny California start their day with a wholesome breakfast (a hungry worker isn't a happy worker), and then get to task creating new Gmail usernames for the thousands of users that sign up every single day!

You can create your own Gmail username by visiting the Gmail homepage. You can sign up for your very own Gmail username using your mobile phone.

How we make your username, step by step:

1. A vistor to one of Google's many services decides that he or she would like to get a Gmail username.

2. That visitor might visit Google's Google Account Help page to learn more about Google Accounts. That visitor then visits the Gmail page and fills out a quick-and-easy form.

3. Somewhere within the Google offices, a bright flashing light alerts workers to the new request. Quickly, a worker tears off a printout listing the new user's details and sprints across the campus towards the engineering department.

4. The printout is handed off to a Google engineer, who punches a precise pattern of holes into a paper card. The engineer then feeds the card into the G-Frame computer, which reads the punches and puts the new user information into the large Gmail database.

5. The engineer then rides a Segway over to the customer service department and hands the printout to a New User Welcoming Representative, who quickly writes a friendly e-mail to the new user and sends it.

6. The new user recieves a confirmation and can now log in! The process is complete and the user now has access to a world of helpful and useful Google services.

Okay, one more time... how can I get my own username?

You too can be part of this process. Just visit the Gmail site and sign up using your mobile phone! Have fun with your new Gmail account!

And I think this was taken from here...

here

All Of us can Google :P

Read the rules of the forum please...you need to stop block cut and pasting text from other webpages..

Origonal ideas and thoughts only please...

Wow is that really true?I doubt it.Why wouldn't the workers have a direct link to send the printout directly to the engineers via their internal network.Then after the Engineer finishes whatever he does wouldn't he just send it to the customer service department through email or internal network.I know its obviously not true but if its meant to fool anyone the statement does a bad job at it. Even a retarded computer user would think in his/her head, "Why don't they just email it to the engineers and to the customer service after that".Is it supposed to be just a stupid joke for laughs or something. When I read the quote it sounded like something that a kid would make up.

I think that this is really funny, and it would be even funnier if something did actually happen with premium accounts that cost like £75.00 from different places.For the first few lines it was realistic--ish, then it just spiralled into pure humour. :PMafamba Team

Man I thought it was true until I came to the part where a Google worker would print out a form from one user and gives it to the engineer guy who puts the google username up. Doing that for thousands of users signing up everyday is just stupid. Don't they use scripts that automatically does that like, the things being put into database and sending the automatic response email. What a pointless excerpt. It's interesting however because it could be a bit believable to those who don't know anything about computers.

It's interesting however because it could be a bit believable to those who don't know anything about computers.

Yeah... I agree with demlaynyc. For those who knows about computers or maybe is involve in engineering/science, it is not funny since it cannot be true. But imagine telling that to someone who is not technologically competent and see his/her reaction... hehe.... :P

Yeah, I agree that it can fool people who don't really understand how computers work and stuff like web-mail :P But, somebody, who didn't have anything to do and was bored wrote this and now we are just reading :P But seriously, the first part of the quoted text was quite funny, I had a smile, but when reading further it got lame. :P