xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
96than

Review My Banner

this is the first animated banner i have made so maybe its not so good?

Posted Image

please give feedback on it, and be honest if you think its really bad say it!

i dont want to have a banner on my site that people dont like thats why you have to be honest lol

For a first time effort, 96than, your animated banner is very good. I must say that it overall is catchy with a professional feel to it. I like the perception of speed and movement, and the streaks help convey that feeling. The timing interval between horizontal scrolls is also good. It is neither too fast or too slow. The color choices are fine.My only gripe about the banner, which is just being picky, is that the animation never stops. It can be quite distracting. I would suggest to allow the animation to proceed a few times, then having it stop. That way, the initial movement would catch the viewers' eyes, and the still picture afterwards gives them a pause to view the website URL.In short, I think it is a good banner. Besides the endless animation loop, I have nothing to complain about it.

For a first time effort, 96than, your animated banner is very good. I must say that it overall is catchy with a professional feel to it. I like the perception of speed and movement, and the streaks help convey that feeling. The timing interval between horizontal scrolls is also good. It is neither too fast or too slow. The color choices are fine.
My only gripe about the banner, which is just being picky, is that the animation never stops. It can be quite distracting. I would suggest to allow the animation to proceed a few times, then having it stop. That way, the initial movement would catch the viewers' eyes, and the still picture afterwards gives them a pause to view the website URL.

In short, I think it is a good banner. Besides the endless animation loop, I have nothing to complain about it.

thank you :P i got a little help with it so its not all my work, but most of it is
its true what you say that its distracting with that endless loop, i will fix it right now and post the new one tomorrow
also thanx for responding
Edited by 96than (see edit history)

You should tune down the GIF palette color depth to reduce file size. 68kb is quite a file size for a banner, in my opinion. Maybe reducing it you'll be even able to add some more frames to make the animation more smooth...And the text could be a bit brighter to better stand out from the background.To be most sincere, in case you're able to do this exact banner in Flash, you'll reduce a lot the file size and have a great animation rate. Since it's a simple banner, it wouldn't be hard to reproduce using Flash basic tools.

Thanx for advices :P Im so agree with you, 68kb is a bit big for a banner, i will reduce it and add some more frames to make it smoother, i will also make the text more brighter so it stand better out from the background, as you said..thanx again for really great advices, its the first time i have made an animated banner, so i am really happy to get help :Pthat flash thing also seems smart, but i dont know how to do that...