xisto Community
abhiram

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish

Hi everyone,Well, my free webhosting has been deleted cause I've had negative credits of 30+. I'm no longer a student and am now in Mumbai trying to earn a living. My new job keeps me busy from 9 in the morning till 9 in the night (usually) and I can't surf the net at work. I'll probably get broadband soon in my flat (rented of course) but I don't think I'll have time for posting in the forum anymore. Once things ease up a bit, I'm gonna buy paid hosting at Xisto - Web Hosting, because if the free webhosting at Xisto is so good, paid hosting definitely has to be better.It's been a great year at Xisto, and I'd like to thank everyone at this community for being so helpful and generous with what they know. OpaQue, m^e, dhanesh, qwijibow, CaptainRon, xboxrulz, vujsa, viz, szupie, MasterComputers, Vyoma, techocian, twitch, yordan, jeigh, moonwitch, pyost, weaponX, cyborgxxi, nightfox and everybody else on this forum ... wish you all the best in life and hope you have a great time.CheersAbhiram :PPS: My apologies if this topic title has already been used :P.

OpaQue, m^e, dhanesh, qwijibow, CaptainRon, xboxrulz, vujsa, viz, szupie, MasterComputers, Vyoma, techocian, twitch, yordan, jeigh, moonwitch, pyost, weaponX, cyborgxxi, nightfox and everybody else on this forum ... wish you all the best in life and hope you have a great time.

Wow, I made it into the list of people called by name. :P

Well, good luck in your many endeveurs. May life treat you well and prosperity shine upon you frequently.

We'll continue to miss having you around here. Feel free to stop by from time to time and let us know how you are doing.

vujsa

P.S. We'll be needed that fish back now. :P

Yay, I'm on the list too :PIt's so sad that you are leaving, but it's a step that must be made - Free hosting to Paid hosting :P I hope you do well at your job and enjoy your future hosting account. And try to visit Asta every now and then :PP.S. It really is a good book :P

OpaQue, m^e, dhanesh, qwijibow, CaptainRon, xboxrulz, vujsa, viz, szupie, MasterComputers, Vyoma, techocian, twitch, yordan, jeigh, moonwitch, pyost, weaponX, cyborgxxi, nightfox and everybody else on this forum ... wish you all the best in life and hope you have a great time.

Yay. My name is there too!

That is what I was wondering. I saw that your webpage was suspended for quite some time, and I was a bit alarmed. I pinged dhanesh about it, but he did not seem to have the answer. (Seems like he too is not around these days). Anyway, wish you all the best in your life, and hope you fare well in that (qutie costly) city of Mumbai. I too am employed, but luckily I can spend time surfing net at home most of the days.

wish you all the best in life and hope you have a great time.

Thanks ! Good luck in your new job, good luck in your new life. We had fun forumming together, hope you will often have fun too.

Yay! I'm on the list too!

Well, since I'm not as good w/ English like Shakespeare, I'll just put it simple. Good luck and wish you all the best in life.

Also, thanks for the acknowledgements, furthermore, you are part of this community just as like the rest of us :P

Cheers!

xboxrulz

I'm on the list too! Even though I haven't been on the forums for quite a while... I've gotten much busier with my new school, but I still come here once in a while. I hope you'll do the same, too.

Hey i visit Xisto for a quick second and i get THIS? Wow...I feel much honored!

I know we all had great fun back during those days and now i realize I'm not the only one leaving due to life's pressures :P . Hope we'll still be in contact though, Xisto is always here if ever you feel the need to spam and want to find a good hearty community for it. :P:P

P.S. Had to read that book for the summer, and I'm obsessively convinced that the answer to all things is 42.

And here i come, Woooohoo .. i am 3rd and after the admins :P muahahah .. Newayz, abhiram .. Best of luck for your bright future, and hope you dont forget us. Its been a good time spent on asta with you, and i shouldent be forgetting the startup you gave me to blog and tweak on wordpress :P. Thankx for all the help and hope to get more knowledge from you in future.Btw, since you are in mumbai i guess you have met up with Opaque already ? Well i might plan to come there in December for a quick trip. So hope to meet you guys there. Have fun with the job dude, and dig up some time for asta here n there.Happy Diwali & Eid Mubarak To everyone.RegardsDhanesh.

hey, why should it be always fish?cant it be thanks for the pork or something? *******************************************dont get the paid hosting.. the server response from the staff for the paid hosting is a few mins except on specially occasions.. if you do get the paid hosting, you will miss the oppurtunity to use the customer support links and stuffs..plus you miss the fun of bugging your host.. /LOL*******************************************is it just on me or that people are getting more time on work and less on the net these days..

Even I made it to the list, thanks Abhiram ... I wish you the best of luck.

hey, why should it be always fish?
cant it be thanks for the pork or something?

Why fish ? It's a long story, look here : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish (1984, ISBN 0-345-39183-7) is the fourth book of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series written by Douglas Adams. Its title is the message left by the dolphins when they departed Planet Earth just before it was demolished to make way for a hyperspatial express route, as described in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It has since been adopted by some science fiction fans as a humorous way to say "goodbye".

I loved these books, and I love these kind of messages. Especially when people are leaving in order to go so far away, and express how happy they were with us.