xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lonebyrd

PHP-Nuke Header Question

I have installed php-nuke to a website and am trying to understand it. I want to change some things about it: the colors, put links in, and change the top of the page. I'm starting with the top of the page. I believe that is the header. Now, I found the file in the PHP-Nuke folder, but I'm not exactly sure what to do with it. I haven't quite made my design yet, as I'm not sure what height and width to make it. But I would upload it to my site, then from there, I just wouldn't know where to put it into PHP-Nuke. To anyone who would like a refresher who might be able to help, I'll post a copy of the header file. Here it is:

<?php/************************************************************************//* PHP-NUKE: Advanced Content Management System						 *//* ============================================						 *//*																	  *//* Copyright (c) 2005 by Francisco Burzi								*//* http://phpnuke.org												   *//*																	  *//* This program is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify *//* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by *//* the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License.	   *//************************************************************************/if (stristr($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'], "header.php")) {	Header("Location: index.php");	die();}require_once("mainfile.php");################################################### Include some common header for HTML generation ###################################################$header = 1;function head() {	global $slogan, $sitename, $banners, $nukeurl, $Version_Num, $artpage, $topic, $hlpfile, $user, $hr, $theme, $cookie, $bgcolor1, $bgcolor2, $bgcolor3, $bgcolor4, $textcolor1, $textcolor2, $forumpage, $adminpage, $userpage, $pagetitle;	include("includes/ipban.php");	$ThemeSel = get_theme();	include("themes/$ThemeSel/theme.php");	echo "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN\">\n";	echo "<html>\n";	echo "<head>\n";	echo "<title>$sitename $pagetitle</title>\n";	include("includes/meta.php");	include("includes/javascript.php");	if (file_exists("themes/$ThemeSel/images/favicon.ico")) {		echo "<link REL=\"shortcut icon\" HREF=\"themes/$ThemeSel/images/favicon.ico\" TYPE=\"image/x-icon\">\n";	}	echo "<link rel=\"alternate\" type=\"application/rss+xml\" title=\"RSS\" href=\"backend.php\">\n";	echo "<LINK REL=\"StyleSheet\" HREF=\"themes/$ThemeSel/style/style.css\" TYPE=\"text/css\">\n\n\n";	if (file_exists("includes/custom_files/custom_head.php")) {		include_once("includes/custom_files/custom_head.php");	}	echo "\n\n\n</head>\n\n";	if (file_exists("includes/custom_files/custom_header.php")) {		include_once("includes/custom_files/custom_header.php");	}	themeheader();}online();head();include("includes/counter.php");global $home;if ($home == 1) {	message_box();	blocks(Center);}?>

I was under the impression that things like PHP-Nuke and other CMS's didn't require you to know any languages, but this is a little confusing to me.

if you are aware of what the image is that is displayed as the header, simply find the image, and go under it's properties to see its dimensions, In PHP, unlike HTML it is a flowing arrangement, so moreoften, the dimensions of the images/sections arent depicted. now if your changing the image, the perticular image wouldnt me found in the script you posted, it would probably be found in header.php...... however if youwanted to change the .ico file, thats a 16x16 JPEG, then after you make that just rename it to ICO and thats the image displayed by your adress in the adress bar. Thats the most i can tell you with what you gave.cheers

Ok, this is the header.php file in the PHP-Nuke folder, so what exactly am I supposed to do. I just got done making my design for the top of the page. Am I supposed to make it 16x16? and what is that, inches? Or am I supposed to figure it in pixels? And what is ICO? I am not familiar with PHP-Nuke at all as you might be able to tell. From what I can see from the header.php file that I posted, there is something that says ico in there. Is that what you were talking about?