xisto Community
Chesso

A Good (any Video) To Dvd Software?

I have tried quite a few and many of them have problems or don't give the desired output.I'm in Australia so I need something that outputs to PAL and hopefully have the movie come out the same as it went in.I have a NERO one as apart of my Nero burning package but often closes due to annoying errors much like alot of software I have tried, (something preferably simple to use would be nice as my younger autistic brother will need to use it also).It's mostly going to be used for old footage of me skateboarding but also for videos mum has taken of my sister or of me and the missus together. Most are encoded using xvid.Not entirely sure what my brother encodes some of them in (he probably doesn't even know lmao).Any help is greatly appreciated (mum has been bugging me about it meh).

I have tried Nero but it crashes all the time..... and I mean *all* the time.The burning software is perfect but their video software is just not doing anything for me :P.

I have tried Nero but it crashes all the time..... and I mean *all* the time.
The burning software is perfect but their video software is just not doing anything for me :P.

What version of Nero are you using?

Once upon a time I had nothing but problems with Nero. But I haven't had any issues with it for over a year now.

I've been doing DVD authoring for about 5 years, and back when I began most of the software out there (for example Nero) was unreliable.

What I had to do was use WINAVI to make my VOB files, and then use Nero to burn the VOB's. It seemed that I couldn't get Nero to do the "conversion" step without crashing. So I'm thinking that perhaps you have an older version, or maybe you would like to take a look at WINAVI.

Now nicely enough, I also found that WINAVI is faster at converting than most of the other apps I have tried. It will also aloow you to easily make real media files and/or other small web-type multi-media formats.

Gin

Well havign something faster would be nice, I'm not sure if I have tryed that one before or not.I just need something reliable to make a conversion from mostly uncompressed/xvid avi files. Normally they are compressed but with some smaller clips, don't always bother.I found that with Nero, either any editing or some times conversions on larger movies captured it just goes nutz, especially when in xVid/DivX format which they sometimes are from one of my skate buddies. They are mostly xVid but sometimes it reports DivX and I have no idea why he would use both *confused*.

Try All Video Converter And Burner Pro v2.5

Its a proffesional media conversion tool that can batch convert almost all video to mpeg, avi, wmv, DVD, vcd and svcd, and burn them to a DVD, CD disc.

Im using this and its perfect for me, its really fast too!

Download it here

Edited by 96than (see edit history)

Thanks for the reccomendations so far, looks like I have a few I haven't yet tried to give a go at.I'll more than likely try one some time tomorrow, got a fair bit of work to do today (for someone I did work for on GAF) :P.

I have used nero for quite some time and have had no problems with it (although i am not using the newest version) some of my friends have however said that the newer version causes their computers to crash and freeze if it is used for any length of time. why dont you try and find an older version and try that out?DVD shrink 3.1 is also good if you need to rip or re author dvds but it dosent allow you to burn them

Edited by ColdFire047 (see edit history)