xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Eclectic

Where Can I Find Mobile / Cell Freeware For My Data Cable?

Please assist me, O Xisto gurus!I just got a data cable to connect my LG CG225 cell phone to my computer through a USB port so that I can transfer audio and image files back and forth without using my cell to connect to the internet and thereby pay fees. The cable works fine, but the software that came with it (Mobile Action) doesn't work. I was able to go to the MA website and find an updated driver and management software for my phone, but that software will only allow me to send SMS messages (without attached audio files or images) and to sync up my contact list. I've been able to use monkeybongo.com's composition tools, but their free SMS programs can't get through to my phone. Anyone know of some good freeware to manage my data cable connection? (Heck, I'd even be willing to spring for some decent shareware if the price was right). Thanks.

An update with an unpleasant discovery:Reason I can't access my phone's photo or tone galleries is because Cingular has locked off access to ANY third party. They'll be getting a strong letter of complaint from me - what's the point of having a camera installed in my phone if I can't transfer pictures from it easily? Of course, they want to charge for every sent or received message, every access to the internet, every time you actually want to do something with the piece if technology in your hands that you bought. Well, if they provide the connection, they can set the charges, but they should *not* prevent me from getting my own pictures off my own phone.

Oh man that SUXKS!!!I guess your an Ameican right? cos Cingular is from teh USA...Im pretty sure if ANY mobile network tried that trick in Europe there would be riots!! and the company would get burned down!!Thats a horrible thing to do ;((

Well, loads of mobile phones in Europe either lock the phones, so that you can't switch companies (which provided incitement for an intense discussion) and many don't provide software for connecting the mobile to the PC at all. Even worse if you own a Macintosh, which is only supported by/supports VERY few mobile phone companies.I really hate this connectivity problem about the mobile phones, because I can't imagine it being that hard to at least make them a functionable USB stick, so that if there's no driver you could at least gather the pictures and sounds via folder-systems.