xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
imei

Yahoo! Messenger Through Web To be? Or not to be?~

Hello guys,Glad to find here to ask my question, Iam came from here via google.I'm , for many weeks, seeking for a solution that give me ability for connecting , sending and reciving, PM's to Yahoo Messenger through web protocolI am proff in php, and now seeking for an easy way , not of cource socket programming that is hard to implement and buggy , also not every where supported, to establishing sessions and managing them through HTTP/1.1 , then I will write an application for i.e auto responding, saving history on web, forwarding,managing and etc... i need that speisholy for its flexibility.any solution , any trick, is it possible trough yahoo site or I MUST have a between app , so I'll connect that and it provide me that ? Thank you all in advance.imei.

Edited by imei (see edit history)

I am glad that you found us also. I will try and lend my limited expertise in this area.From everything I have seen so far there is no way of directly connecting to the Yahoo! Messenger service via a HTTP type protocol. At the very least I would assume that you would need a server side script that would translate for you. One avenue that you may want to explore is using the web based Messenger. I don’t have the address at hand but if you go to messenger.yahoo.com, you should be able to find the link on that page (as I remember it is on the very bottom information bar). I suppose the first thing I would try is to capture the packets between the server and your machine as you log on and then try and reverse engineer them. There may be some cookie data that you can save and then masquerade as the client. The web messenger only offers very basic functionality such as PMs.I have thought about this problem a bit myself and the way that I would implement it is to write a proxy program on my machine. The program would accept requests on a particular port and then translate the requests to Yahoo! Of course I already have most of the backend code so I’m not sure how much help this will give you. When I get home and if I have time I may look at the problem myself. If you do find something or develop your code, please let me know. I would love to post it to my Yahoo! site so others may benefit. Also more information can be found at my site, http://www.ycoderscookbook.com/.

The Yahoo! Web Messenger uses a Java applet to connect to the service.The MSN Web Messenger freezes in Internet Explorer and Firefox so I don't know what it uses.With multi-IM programs like Trillian and IM2, I think that the IM services try to cut off service to them because they are not authorized programs using the protocol. I think unauthorized services will also be blocked. The best way is to get permission from Yahoo!