xisto Community
SP_Dante

Help A PHP Newbie If you can help...

Anytime someone asks about reading material concerning PHP I will always refer them to a truly great and FREE e-book called Practical PHP Programming. This is a very up to date and comprehensive book that is available in printed form also.

It covers quite a bit of material and is up to date at least as far as PHP 5 goes. Databases, variables, constants, variable variables, normalization of databases, object oriented programming and more if you have PHP and a webserver and possibly a dbms like MySQL or PostGres.

I have this page bookmarked in Firefox and Netscape and as a favorite in Internet Explorer.. I find it quite useful much like the PHP Manual available here at this LINK. Actually using the PHP Manual is a tutorial and a well wriiten book in itself. There are many examples with each PHP command as well as with the multitude of prewritten PHP functions ( there are hundreds of them) you can view all the links to all predefined PHP functions at this Quick Reference of PHP Functions for you to try them out as you see fit...that should kkep you busy for a little while. I love this link and a PHP Builder it is part of my signature as a contributor to the forums of that site.

Good luck and at your age by the time you are my age you will truly be an expert in PHP as well as other offshoots of it also.

I recommend this site. pixel2life.com they have a lot of php tutorials that are used in a wide range of areas. Most tutorials go into detail while others expect you to know what you are doing.