xisto Community
WeaponX

Camcorder Video Capture Program

I have a handful of mini DV tapes and couldn't find a quick way to transfer them to my laptop. I found a free program to do it (forgot the name) and it seems to do the job, but it was really slow. I think it was real-time video transfer.Is there a program out there that can transfer video from a camcorder to computer without taking too long? I mean, real-time is just a killer :) Thanks.

I am not sure of any free programs but you can certainly try out the liceneed softwares:There are lots of video imaging softwares that will solve your purpose of transfering video.. Usually the camera is shipped with these software. I use Sony vegas which transfer and edit the viddeo. it has many features.You may also try adobe premier

Thanks for the reply. Will these also have real time transfer speeds or will they be faster? I have a few of these mini DV tapes and hate to sit through 1.5 hours waiting for them to be transferred over to the computer.

I think the free program you're talking about is called "Stoik Capture" from stoik imaging. I only use that to capture all my video, and i edit in Adobe Premiere Pro. It's a great app. Requires very little memory in the system. Is this the program you're refering to or was it something else? Let me know, I'd like to check out any other free capturing apps.

Don't know. Does that Stoik Capture program capture all my videos in real-time? I want to use one that will be able to transfer from my mini DV tapes to my computer very quickly...so preferably not real-time.