xisto Community

hey does anyone know were i can get a cheap key for photoshopcs2

The only legal way of getting photoshop would probably be to buy it full price, and discussion of any illegal methods are not tolerated on this forum.

Obviously you should buy it legally.There are, however, solid illegal methods of obtaining it.But just sit down with yourself and ponder the hours and resources it took to create such a program.

It depends on what you're going to be doing with your graphics. GIMP has some stability problems on Windows. And in all honesty, if you've got the money, Photoshop will always be better software.

Ditto...asking these kind of questions (if you are asking for a illegal key that is) will get you in trouble here.
I recommend using either GIMP or Paint.net, which you can get at:

https://www.gimp.org/
http://www.getpaint.net/

They are not Photoshop, but can probably do very similar things.

It depends on what you're going to be doing with your graphics. GIMP has some stability problems on Windows. And in all honesty, if you've got the money, Photoshop will always be better software.

Indeed. I also used last version of GIMP and didn't like the interface much, though I usually don't like much interfaces I can't customize like hell (very rare thing). But I get used to them anyway...

I still prefer Photoshop over GIMP and Paint Shop Pro, which is good as well though it's proprietary software (but many times cheaper then PS).

For amateur editing you'd better stick with GIMP or look for some more on Google (there are some I never really used, like Paint.net, and it's said to be good). Paying that much for this kind of software would be stupidity. You must already have a decent income to think on affording a program as expensive as Photoshop.

Also, money doesn't make any miracles. If you don't have knowledge or skill, it won't matter much which program do you use...

Perhaps is he is talking about possible Student and otherwise keys for those licenses, hoping there is a cheaper one.How would you qualify as a student though?

If the user is really looking to buy a Photoshop at a discount, he/she can take a look at JourneyEd:

http://www.journeyed.com/product/search

They have discounts available for students. You will need to submit proof (ID and documents if I recall properly when I did this a few years back) showing that you are a student. Price is still a little steep since it's Adobe Photoshop :)

I lucked out and was able to get many different programs at different times.... but all legal. I first got my Photoshop 5 from a former workplace. I worked as a PrePress Technician, and so when I was not at the office working on my work PC, my bosses thought it would be helpful for me to have copies of a few programs that I could use at home... SWEET! So all we had to do was get new copies and register my PC and get a good code... that was quite a while ago, but I could always use it at my leisure. It would still be fine since it was registered as a legal copy... and every time I reformatted, I just used my Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel, etc.The newest way that I got legal copies was when I went back to school for Computer Programming and Networking, and I had many different disks when I bought the books new.. like Java and VB, and then I was able to get new PhotoshopCS copies that were educational versions. I will be using it til it runs into the ground!I plan to upgrade all of my programs when the time is right... but then again I used to use Photoshop 4 when Photoshop like 7 or so was popular! So I was really lucky to be able to have what I have, but I also had to work for it.- skedad -

Hmmm... never really thought of going cheap getting software. I would have to be a huge stickler and make sure that the quality was fantastic... that and copy over another disk to have as backup.I actually have many different versions of Photoshop and other programs, so I do have freebies and semi cheaper stuff... Ebay... now I will just have to keep it in mind.- skedad -