xisto Community
doudou

The Zune Microsofts iPod Killer

Interestingly, I'd never actually heard of the Zune before reading this thread. Perhaps I'm a little out of touch with the whole market, but I figure I should have at least heard something about them. iPods, on the other hand (classic, nano, shuffle and touch alike), are seemingly more common than more generic mp3 players - like my poor Sony one, with its almost-cute 512MB capacity - which strikes me as being pretty decisive about which ones have dominated the market.

lol. Do Microsoft really need to create their own mp3 player, rather than reviewing their operating systems and update all files on it inorder to release a good rank service packs? I'd say NO. Microsoft shouldn't create Zune. Because basically, Apple's iPod is more prominent and is more user friendly than with Microsoft's Zune. Yeah same features, built-ins, plugins, and etc. but what about the name? Did the people around the globe knew Zune? It's simply Microsoft pirates Apple.

I dislike both the zune and the iPod. So expensive for little more than simple hardware decorated with eye candy. I own a Mobile Phone that plays video, shows photos, and plays music, which is enough for me. Why would I need something seperate for those? Most mobile phones now havem features like that. Basically, microsoft launched it for two reasons: They wanted to make more money, and of course, they wanted to make sure that apple couldn't make the iPod mac only and convert people to their OS.But wow, I never knew it was more than 6 months since the lauch of the zune. Time really flies.