xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nickmealey

Flash Movie As Background? - Is it possible?

Can I create a Flash movie, with sound, and set it as my background for my site? I don't want this flash movie to be the body background, but in a cell. If somone knows a code for that, do tell. , thanx Nickmealey

Hey, I searched the web and I am sorry to tell you that this is almost for sure not possible...here is one answer on some other forum --> CLICK

I will try to find a way, but i think you'll have to find another way around it;)

Good day..

Why would you need to do this? Just create the entire content within the flash movie and put that in the cell, background content and all.In short I know of no way to do this.

why not make your ebsite in flash it will be better. Then you also could have animated menu and everything else. Just try google to find some tyutorials and like ket said you could use the trial version

so I can have links on top of it. But thats ok

63809[/snapback]

But you can build links into a flash animation. I still don't see any advantage to what you want to do.

My best guess who to be to take a screenshot of the flash background, then save it as a jpeg file, then use html to make the background appear on the cell, then, grab the audio you need, and add that in onto your HTML page.

Im not sure if it is possible. But if it is possible, remember that flash files are large, and if every time someone visits your homepage, their browser has to download that file, you bandwidth will be gone in an instant.This would use a massive amount of bandwidth!!You would be beter off trying an animated gif (i have never tried this but i asume you could).if you really need flsh for interactivity, you could create a page where the flash take up the whole page, then use CSS to position <div> s over the flash object.