xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NigaiAmaiYume

Where Do I Post...?

There are a few questions I have that I'd like to get some expert opinions on. Unfortunately, they aren't computer related, so I'm not sure if they'd be appropriate getting asked around here, despite the fact I'd love to get some of you guys' options on them (And build up credits, of course. ^-^)So, to streamline this, where should I post things about...- Writing - There are tonnes of subforums for designing computer art. Yes, I know are based on COMPUTER programs, but there's still a bit of old fashioned artistic tips and tricks involved. Any way to get equal treatment for writing up stuff in a language other than C++? ^-~ Trust me, I've got 20+ years of developing characters that I'd love to share, and while I plan on developing that section of my web site, a little practice would be nice. ^-^ (Note: 20+ years, and I'm 26 years old. DAMN, I'm crazy!!! LOL)- Does anyone know anything about.... ? - I suppose these kinds of questions are best done here, but the "no post count" and the "off topic" labels kinda frustrate me. Ok, the first one. LOL But seriously, I've got a few serious questions about topics like studying Nihongo (Japanese), how to work with base 12 in a fantasy novel without blowing the minds of my readers COMPLETELY to bits, and how to get the sun and moon revolving around a magic planet in such a way that they obey a few dramatic effects I want happening.... Bizzare stuff that I'm hoping SOMEONE has ideas about. Maybe in The Einstein Factor forum? Are we allowed to ASK stuff there? Would anyone answer?Or are neither topics appropriate in (postcount) forums of this site?

Well, Yume. As I said in the introduction post, I too would love to discuss such things here. The question is, where do we ask?I have been around here, and this seems to be a technical related forum, with an inclination to softer creative edges. I am not sure I can answer any of your questions about where to post, but I would like to second you, and let the moderators/admin know that I too would like to where do I post such things?Coming back to the subjects you mentioned there, I too am interested in some good discussions on character building, planetary mechanics and such world-building related stuff.

Welcome aboard to Xisto.
The forums here are basically computer/technology related only. Other misc. stuff are usually no post count which means no credits. If you want to talk about other stuff, I highly suggest going over to Xisto's "sister" site Xisto at:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Ok, that makes SO much more sense... I didn't know the difference between the two.

Sorry for making a fool of myself. *grins*

*heads over to create an account at Xisto as well*

Welcome aboard to Xisto.

The forums here are basically computer/technology related only. Other misc. stuff are usually no post count which means no credits. If you want to talk about other stuff, I highly suggest going over to Xisto's "sister" site Xisto at:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I was under the assumption that Xisto.com and Xisto.net were provinding same hosting as Xisto, one with out Ads, and the other with Ads. And I was under the impression that Xisto forums were more of teen crowd, with less of mature and intelligent discussions. I did not think that Xisto was for just technical discussions - it must have turned out like that because a majority number of people chose to discuss only that.

Now, if we can have good, mature and verbose discussion about literature and such works here at Xisto forums, why should we not? It it does turn out to have enough good discussion, it would provide Xisto forums with quality content that Xisto can capitalize on. (May be through Amazon or such intermediaries).

Ofcourse, this is just my opinion. The administrators, I think should consider this though.

Why limit Xisto to only technicals, if it can attract and sustain people with talents in augumentary fields?

Edit: Updated after some snooping around:

The Forum has been setup. It has not been made a ROOT CATEGORY ( A root category only allows sub-forums ano no topics ). But If we get a large response and there are other broad discussion topics, then we will make Sub-forums for further categorising the forums.

However, Xisto Forum is more dedicated towards Computing and Technical information. But its afterall the members who make the forum possible. :-)

It seems like OpaQue, the founder of these forums does want it to be related to Computer and Technical information forum. Then, I guess, my suggestion made above looses some value - I am letting it stay for record though. Moreover, I just got this feeling as to why restrict ourselves?
Edited by Vyoma (see edit history)