xisto Community
BooZker

What Is Your Most Used Software?

What is your most used software on your current system? Do not count anything that is deault on your PC such as Windows Movie Maker or Windows Media Player (Sorry if this is already a topic, but i searched and didn't find any)Mine are:Dreamweaver 8 (Website Creation/FTP/code editor/ect. Software)Fireworks 8 (Graphics Software)Adobe Photoshop 8 (Graphics Software)AIM (AOL Instant Messenger)Opera (Internet Browser)iTunes (Music Player)LimeWire (P2P Software)Thats about all my software i use from day to day.

Ok the things that I use the most must be...These are the apps I use the most when I am in the Windows environment.1.Opera 92.Winamp for just listening3.Traktor for mixing and messing around with tracks4.Ableton Live for Mixing and sequencing5.Notepad++ for sites and databases6.MySQL5 query browser for learning MySQL6.PHP5 for learning PHP7.Bulletproof FTP for txing stuff around8.Azureus for torrents9.Soulseek for music10.3D Cool Pool for beating the world online at pool11.Counter Strike Source for those moments when shooting someone in the head with an AK is the only way12.VLC player for all my movies and video clips13.Age of Empires Mythology to keep my son happy!!14.WinTV app to watch TV15.Photoshop CS for graphics.16.Open Office for all office appsThats about all I can think of atm

the following is my most frequent used application:1. Ms excel2. Ms word3. Adobe golive4. cyber link power DVD5. Peachtree accounting 2005 (i am an accountant)6. Opera 97. TVU player (watch online TV)8. Foorbar 2000 to listen to music9. msn messager10. Kaspersky antivirus (i wont online without it)11. Symantec win fax pro

MS Office 2004 for MacSafariBlender 3DiMovieQuicktime ProFinal Cut proPhotoshop CSiTunesDVD Studio ProEffects Lab proiMovie is one of the handiest tools I have. That's my default DV capture application. Seems to read my capture box or any DV camera I plug into the firewire port. From there I can make basic edits, cut long scenes into clips and export to working formats in FCP. The funnest application to use is Effects Lab pro. It's a cheaper (and I think) easier to use DV FX application that does some really good work. Especially if your doing a lot of muzzle flashes or cannon animations.

This is easy for me. My used programs are used a lot, and my unused ones are NEVER used.1. Firefox- Use this daily, several hours a day. Essential.2. Photoshop CS2- invaluable for the graphics work that I do. and to think I used to use Paint :)3. Audacity- great for recording demos for my band. The longer you work with it, the better it sounds.4. OpenOffice- amazing reproduction of Office. use it for school all the time.5. iTunes- use this a lot too.That's about it. My computer's not really full of much except 1300+ mp3 files. haha

Heh - why not - I can throw mine also :D... so it is...1) VIM - yes VIM :)...2) LaTeX3) GnuPlot4) Erlang Virtual Machine5) Wings3D6) XMMS7) Gaim8) Firefox9) Azureus (only when new Linux cames out - Slackware 11 is close :) )10) Blenderand this is mostly all I use - I can't remember other sotware except for basic system tools like OpenBox (Windows Manager) or SLiM (Login Manager) etc...\G

Edited by Giniu (see edit history)

As finaldesign, there are plenty, but I suppose that:- Photoshop CS2- Miranda 0.5- Mozilla Firefox 2- Winamp 5.2- ObjectDock 1.2 Plus- Limewire PROare 'TEH PWNZ' here.There's also Notepad and Calculator that I use *a lot*, but since they don't count on this thread...

I believe my most used software would probably be my FIREFOX browser, I wonder if this would even be considered as a software. Well, Ill just assume that it is, but anyways, I use this primary on every start up of my computer. Next would probably my winamp player, I use that to listen to music while I browse the world wide web.THe software that I consistentnly use for designing purposes would be adobe photoshop. This is probably my most used software compared to macromedia dreamweaver, macromedia flash, and even my 3D modeler program, softimage XSI. I use adobe for the shell of all my designs, I basically generate my ideas for web or graphic design on adobe before I start to implement the design in flash or dreamweaver.In rare instances I would actually use adobe to create a rub sketch of my character model for a 3D program. I probably also use Illustrator, for the sketching, but I use the filters of photoshop consistently to get my details out. The primary use that I need photoshop for when creating a 3D model is the ability to generate my texture for the 3D model. Photoshop helps me build a nice texture with the help of its filters.the next software that I also use ever so often would be limewire pro. This program I sometimes us to download music or whatever I cant find on the web, but primarily used for downloading music. Moreover, I use notepad even for transfering text from the web to microsoft word, because note pad is the best software to use when you are not trying to pick up the html code when you copy text.I believe that is all the software that I use probably daily, and consistently. Most useful programs for my interests and my job related field.

Its pretty difficult to say so in a world full of software, but if you ask me, I can list the ones I use daily-

Winamp - Its always running in background with a playlist of 500+ songs with the 'Enhancer' plug-in.

Firefox - My only browser is on the quick-launch so that I can pop it up every now & then!

Thunderbird - I use POP3 Mail, its so convinient and snappy, that I hardly ever goto webmail!

GAIM - A jabber client that I use for Google-Talk, since G-alk seems to crash very often on my PC (I wonder why :) )

Yahoo! Messenger - Those Yahoo! Emoticons and Audibles have no beat to all my buddies out there on Yahoo!

DU Meter - I need to keep my bandwidth in control, so i use this handy tool to measure my bandwidth usage, and tell me on-the-fly speeds!

Frontpage - For managing my site out here on Xisto!

That's all I can think of now, since I use the other softwares depending on my mood to do things, so its not quite that often :) ! Besides, you mentioned not to say those Antivirus and Firewall software!

Okay, the softwares I use the most are mostly for creating webpages which are:-Adobe Photoshop CS2: for the layout design-Adobe ImageReady CS2: to slice and publish the layout design-Macromedia Dreamweaver 8: to open up the published layout page and add content to it-Macromedia Flash 8: to add some animation and color-Internet Explorer: for general browsing and page testingObviously all I do on my computer is make web design and general browsing, sometimes AIM.

Ok here's mine as far as I know:Borland DelphiProgrammers NotepadMSN MessengerSimple MP3 (One of my Delphi programs)SHDB (another of my delphi programs)WAMP5 (for building and testing my site locally)FireFox (of course)mIRCMicrosoft Office Word (not installed by default)Ultimate PaintMedia Player ClassicVideo Lan ClientPhotoshop CS2 (present from my nan LOL)Resource Hacker (for removing unnecessary crud from my executabels after building them)Strip Realoc (same reason as Resource Hacker)I think that's about it generally.