xisto Community
karoldz

Access -> Mysql Converter

You could have found it yourself :)
Among the very first hits on google searching for 'access mysql'
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
I don't know if it's any good but atleast it's free :)
I think it is not that easy to write an access2mysql converter, not to mention that somebody would then distribute it for free :D
As I said, not guaranteed to work, you may have to try another one

Unfortunately I can't remember the name of an Access to MySQL and vice versa that I use to use but it was quite good and hardly needed SQL correction apart from optimisation/performance which is usually a manual thing anyways. Since it's been so many years since using that program, I can't remember it, and looking on google, it seems there's a lot more programs like it that have been developed now than there was before.So I guess you're got more variety to choose from now.Cheers,MC

You could have found it yourself ;)Among the very first hits on google searching for 'access mysql'
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
I don't know if it's any good but atleast it's free ^_^
I think it is not that easy to write an access2mysql converter, not to mention that somebody would then distribute it for free ;)
As I said, not guaranteed to work, you may have to try another one

This program is no longer free and the latest version only allows you to convert five records per table. I found this free Access to Mysql converter that i will test soon, i hope that it can help anyone that needs this kind of utility.

Another converter that i know is Navicat but is not free.

Best regards,
Edited by TavoxPeru (see edit history)

damn tavoxperu, i was just about to post that same one then i looked at the link you gave, lol.never mind, its posted now. it looks good and looks like it would do the job. i dont have access so i cant really test it, just try it for yourself i suppose.

Sten, sorry, it happens ^_^ and your suppositions are correct.

I just test this cool freeware with excellent results i can say. This software is very easy to use and is nothing more than a Wizard that do its job in 4 steps, select source -an access database-, select destination -a MySql database or a Sql file-, set tables to be transfered and set transfer options.

For my testings I use 3 different databases, one in Access 97, one in Access 2000 and one in Access 2003 and convert them with the two options available on the program which are direct convert and dump file. The first option allows to convert directly an Access database to a MySql database, and the second option allows to dump the Access database to a SQL file.

The second option in all cases do its job and works perfectly while the first one dont because throws some errors however it finish correctly and perform the convertion of the database.

So, based on these tests i recommend that if you need to convert an Access database to MySql, first use the second option to create a Sql file and then use the first one, if something fails you have the choice to import the Sql file.

Best regards,

Another free converter that i found is MdbtoMySql XP, this is more simple and only allows to convert your Access database to a dump file -a sql file- that later can be imported to MySql using the command line, phpMyAdmin or whatever.

BTW, i will post this two freewares under the freeware forum to be more easy to find.

Best regards,

very first few on google searching for 'access mysql' http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
I don't know if it's any good but atleast it's free
keep searching though and good luck

Only a recommendation, read the complete thread before posting, because what you post was posted before, look to the second post of this thread.

And as i post before, that software is no longer free.

Best regards,