xisto Community
rapco

Listening To Music Over A Home Network play the same music in two pcs at a time, or in the living room

I personally got a home server, or NAS (Network Attached Storage), which is connected to a wireless router with lan cable, it has a 500 GB hardrive and all the music is in it, and all computers can map the network drive or mount it and use it. It doesn't use a lot of energy at all.. It has Linux installed on one partition and the other is used for all the other stuff, as I understand it is using Samba :)

So it's really good, it looks something like this: http://www.buffalotech.com/products but mine is a bit older, I bought it 3 years ago.

STOP GIVING "SHARING" ANSWERS, the question was for SIMULTANEOUS playListening To Music Over A Home Network

I want (and the original asker of this question wants) a program that can be installed on multiple computers and controlled from either one but play the same music at the SAME TIME no matter where you are. The result would be you and your friend could listen to the same music at the exact same time, either of you would be able to add to the playlist or pause the music.

Everyone is missing the pointListening To Music Over A Home NetworkReplying to rapcoHe want's to know how to listen to the same audio stream simultaneously on two PC's on the same network. I'd like to know how to do that, too.-reply by Adam