xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ed :P

U Wish U Had This my computer is everything you want

Pentium D with 2.8 GHzXp home edition 4 gig on a duo chanel250 gig hardrivedvd/cd burner24" flat panel logitech with bass extended speakers and for those moments when you want to listen to music really loudsoundproof basment. :) I bet your face is like this... but so was mine when it costed me $1,800+

This is an outcry.Its unfair.Why are YOU so damned lucky.No, its ok your cool really, but I am still soooo mega jealous of you, and who wouldn't be.I've just bought a fairly cheap for England laptop equivalent to $750, and full price it would be $1500 but it is still NOwhere near as good as yours.Anyway, thats life, the bet things come as desktops is my motto :).Thats why I always buy Laptops and Notebooks. :):D

Heh i wonder what graphics card is in yours.Mine was around $850 AUD and here is my specs - 3GHZ pentium dXP pro1 gb of ram ( soon to be upgrading to 2gb because of the stutter lag in bf2 :) )GeForce 6600 256mbcdrw120gb hdNot as powerful as yours as far as things like hd space and ram but mine is a bit more on the performance side, and getting the parts here in Australia is cheap if you build it yourself ( and go to the right store :) )anyway enjoy your new pc-HellFire

well mine comes sort of close, for being 1 1/2 years old.P4 3 Ghz1 GB DDR2XP ProGeforce 6600GT 128MB DDR3DVD/RW300GB HD74GBx2 Raptor HDDell P1130 21 inch CRTAsus 450W PSU---edit: paid $1000 for it

Edited by Grafitti (see edit history)

Nope, I do not.Pentium D with 2.8 GHz -> outdate technology, only Core2 or A64+ will doXp home edition -> erm, maybe Pro ?4 gig on a duo chanel -> that's just overkill250 gig hardrive -> about averagedvd/cd burner -> already have one24" flat panel ->maybe, but no thank youlogitech with bass extended speakers -> my surround is more than enoughand for those moments when you want to listen to music really loud soundproof basment. -> now that's what I want, at least it's cold overthere in the winter :) I bet your face is like this... but so was mine when it costed me $1,800+ -> :) , no way I'm going to spend that amount of money on a computerSo basicly, I'm happy with what I have and people should learn that at a given moment, too much is too much and even more important, bragging with your computer and your money is pretty lame :D

no, I wish I had this instead:

* Two 3GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon * 2GB (4 x 512MB)
* 500GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s
* 500GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s
* 2 x NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB
* Two 16x SuperDrives
* Apple Keyboard and Mighty Mouse - U.S. English
* Mac OS X - U.S. English
* AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac Pro/Power Mac (w/or w/o Display) - Auto-enroll

but sadly, it'll cost me CAD $5000 for it...

xboxrulz

I think I might have you beat:Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ ( 2.4 ghz )Socket AM2, Dual CoreRAM:4Gig ( 4 x 1 GB sticks ) G.Skill DDR2 800 RamCas Latency: 32 x 250gb SATA 3.0 GB/sVideo Card:Radeon X1900 PCI Express x16512mb of 256 bit GDD3 memory at 1450 mhzCore Clock 625 mhz2 x DVD Burner( one of them has lightscribe )G15 Logitech Gaming KeyboardMX518 Logitech Optical Gaming MouseAll will run on Windows XP ProHavn't put it together yet because I had to send my case back because it had a bunch of dents in shipping but the rest of the parts are here waiting.I basically spent every penny I earned over the summer.

Edited by BitShift (see edit history)

Hey guys. I just wanna hear some of your opinions what you think about my newComputer Very Happy.. :) Mainboard: Asus A8N-SLI PremiumCPU: AMD Athlon 3800+Graphics card: MSI NX7900GT-VT2DHarddrive: Maxtor 6G160E0Ram: Kingston HyperX DIMM 2GB kitDVD: Toshiba SD-M2012DVD burner: Plextor PX-750APower: Enermax EG465AX-VE(G)FMACase: CoolerMaster Centurion 5 blueCoolers: Coolink 801 Basic 80x80x25Coolink 1201 Retail 120x120x25Well, that's about it. Would love to read some critics.

eh guys, specially those buying the powerful beasts, why don't you tell us about the kinda activity perform on your computers?Are they primarily for gaming? If thats the case then its great. But if you are not a gamer, those specs are sheer waste of money. (maybe i am a bit jealous of your pc's power). But its true. Also I wonder why don't the people buying such configurations don't go for a good joystick. Coz if I were you, I would trim my budget somewhere to adjust for the forcefeed back joystick. After all I am buying it for Gaming!

I didn't get a very powerful hardware myself, because I am not a gamer of any kind, I usually like to play retro games through emulators.. So am not even interested into this kind of expensive hardware :) But, I also would like to have this, but maybe after one year it will all get cheaper.. I am really satisfied with my current setup AMD 1.7ghz, 1 GB of ram and an old cheap second hand Gforce2 64mb.. I needed a big monitor and I got it, so happily am using 1280x1024 and it didn't cost me a lot of money :)

oh my... this is like a month and a half old, no kidding. I <3 my laptop but my neighbor got this olympic computer which has 5 screens that fold out and his stats are slightly better than mine. THATS unfair. He's ALWAYS outdoing me. chrismas, halloween, thanksgiving. thank god he doesnt have a website :PP.S i am a gammer. as a matter of fact i basically own http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ played everygame and now im just settling down playing miniputt. best score on miniputt? 25 :PI want an 18 but hole 17 and 18 are mad hard to get goot scores on (hole in one) and on hole 12 i always miss and go down the hill >:lgamming rocks and if your computer cant play a game right you need a better one :P

My baby, 1 yr old, makes me mad for proc prices have dropped so much... but i started with SLi 7800GTX 512, then sold both those off and picked up some 7950's , my stats currently are as follows, im being as indescript as i can, for it would take up alot of space and whats the point of posting huge when, if im accepted my credits go down to 5 :P anyhow.AMD FX-55@ 3.2mhz Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR500 2.5-4-4-8 -2gb 1gbx2DFI LanParty NF4 SLi-DR2X XFX GeForce 7950 512's 700/1400 GDDR3koolance EXOS-2 w/c systemAeroCool ExtremeEngine 3T case 2x maxtor 250mb SATA drives. 2channel JBL sound BENq 19" 2MS LCD

Edited by mirdux (see edit history)

Basically that's all they're for. Games. It'd be great I guess to experience gaming on one of those machines, but as stated before there's really not much use for it. Unless you're trying to make up for something you lack. Sorta like the "cool car" theory.All in all I'm happy with my machine. It'd be great to upgrade, and I do intend to. I'm a gamer as well, but as far as for shelling out for a joystick. I prefer a keyboard and mouse. Much more accurate than those analog controls. Especially for FPS, as for other types of games i guess a joystick wouldn't be bad. Pentium 4 2.6 ghz1 gb dual channel ram120 gb hard drivegeforce 6800xt agpsound blaster livexp proAbout it I guess. I'm not too technical. I don't know all the differences and what's good and not, but mine still runs decent after about 2 1/2 years now.

well, technically, many of you might not consider this as a computer, but I do, it outperforms some of the computers listed here:

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPUs⢠Three symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each
⢠Two hardware threads per core; six hardware threads total
⢠VMX-128 vector unit per core; three total
⢠128 VMX-128 registers per hardware thread
⢠1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance
⢠9 billion dot product operations per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor
⢠500MHz processor
⢠10 MB of embedded DRAM
⢠48-way parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines
⢠Unified shader architecture

Polygon Performance
⢠500 million triangles per second

Pixel Fill Rate
⢠16 gigasamples per second fill rate using 4x MSAA

Shader Performance
⢠48 billion shader operations per second

Memory
⢠512 MB of GDDR3 RAM
⢠700 MHz of DDR
⢠Unified memory architecture

Memory Bandwidth ⢠22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth
⢠256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM
⢠21.6 GB/s front-side bus

Overall System Floating-Point Performance
⢠1 teraflop

Storage
⢠Detachable and upgradeable 20GB hard drive
⢠12x dual-layer DVD-ROM
⢠Memory Unit support starting at 64 MB

I/O
⢠Support for up to four wireless game controllers
⢠Three USB 2.0 ports
⢠Two memory unit slots

Optimized for Online
⢠Instant, out-of-the-box access to Xbox Live features with broadband service, including Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content, gamer profile for digital identity, and voice chat to talk to friends while playing games, watching movies or listening to music
⢠Built-in Ethernet port
⢠Wi-Fi ready: 802.11a, 802.11b and 802.11g
⢠Video camera ready

Digital Media Support
⢠Support for DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD
⢠Ability to stream media from portable music devices, digital cameras and Windows XP-based PCs
⢠Ability to rip music to the Xbox 360 hard drive ⢠Custom playlists in every game
⢠Built-in Media Center Extender for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
⢠Interactive, full-screen 3-D visualizers

High-Definition Game Support
⢠All games supported at 16:9, 720p and 1080i, anti-aliasing
⢠Standard-definition and high-definition video output supported

Audio
⢠Multichannel surround sound output
⢠Supports 48KHz 16-bit audio
⢠320 independent decompression channels
⢠32-bit audio processing
⢠Over 256 audio channels

System Orientation
⢠Stands vertically or horizontally

Customizable Face Plates
⢠Interchangeable to personalize the console

It is my gaming machine, VOIP and my DVD player all in one :P

xboxrulz

well, technically, many of you might not consider this as a computer, but I do, it outperforms some of the computers listed here:It is my gaming machine, VOIP and my DVD player all in one :P

xboxrulz

For those rather ignorant to mass produced limited-platform solutions, he is making an allusion to the Xbox 360, indeed a solid machine but from what im seeing, the PlayStation3 should make its statement a bit more boldly. Although there hasnt been much of an effort to release an abundancy of games for the 360, so id hope that as they have done in the past, playstation would make a bit more efforts to follow the course of thier system :P