xisto Community
TavoxPeru

Problem With The ReadOnly Property

I have a problem setting the readonly property of a textbox which depends on a yes and no radio buttons selection, I'm sure that my code is correct but i dont know why nothing happens.
This is code:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><TITLE> New Document </TITLE><script LANGUAGE="JavaScript"><!-- Beginfunction changeRadio(sVal) {	if (sVal=='n')	{		a.textval.readonly=true;		a.texval.value="";	}	else {		a.textval.readonly=false;	}}//  End --></script></HEAD><BODY><form name="a" method="post"><table class="tabla" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="10">   <tr>   <td width="32%">READONLY TEXTBOX</td>   <td>   <input type="radio" value="n" name="radiobtn" onclick="changeRadio('n')" CHECKED>No<BR /><input type="radio" value="s" name="radiobtn" onclick="changeRadio('s')">Yes</td>   </tr>   <tr>   <td class='textoedicion' width="32%">TEXTBOX</td>   <td><input type="text" name="textval" value='' size="21" maxlength="20"></TD>	</tr></table><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="100%" align="center" valign="middle"><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Save"> <input type="button" name="cancel" value="Cancel" onClick="window.close()"></td></tr></table></form><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"><!--if (document.a.radiobtn[0].checked) {	document.a.textval.readonly=true;}else {	document.a.textval.readonly=false;}//--></script></BODY></HTML>
Best regards,

Took me a couple of minutes and a little search over here to understand your problem. Javascript is a case conscious language, and so you have to write "readOnly" instead of "readonly". A very simple find and replace should solve your problem! :)

Took me a couple of minutes and a little search over here to understand your problem. Javascript is a case conscious language, and so you have to write "readOnly" instead of "readonly". A very simple find and replace should solve your problem! :)

Thanks a lot, i just search and replace and run it, and everything works fine.

best regards,

Why does the Alert dialog box state -4bf has no properties when starting FireFox 2

Problem With The ReadOnly Property

The last 2-3 days I have been unable to access my FireFox 2 program.

The first page of the Firefox 2 program appears and then a popup box appears stating:

Alert.

TypeError: -4bf has no properties

I have downloaded a fresh copy of Firefox 2, with the same result

Please, can you help me?

elwaltura

-question by Walter Earnshaw

FireFox profile corruptProblem With The ReadOnly Property

Previous poster: Your Firefox profile is probably corrupt. Try starting FireFox from the command-line with the -ProfileManager option and create a new fresh profile.

-reply by Marlin