xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
niran

Whats The Difference Between Hosting At Trap17 And Astahost

Can anybody explain me the differences between web hosting at Xisto and Xisto? :)

I'm little bit confused regarding this matter! :D

Im not asking about the forum guys, Im asking about the hostng plans here!

Is it same or different for both the sites!??

:)

Niran

Edited by Niran (see edit history)

Since you are not asking about the forums, there is no difference. Both services offer the same plans, and the only difference are the forums. Here at Xisto, we deal with a wider range of technical topics, and some people might find it difficult to post.

Since you are not asking about the forums, there is no difference. Both services offer the same plans, and the only difference are the forums. Here at Xisto, we deal with a wider range of technical topics, and some people might find it difficult to post.

Thanks friend!

I was little bit confused by seeing the plan details on the homepages of both the sites!

For Xisto, its showing as:

NO ADS, BANNERS, POPUPS!

Web Hosting Control Panel

MS Frontpage WebSite Hosting

PHP, CGI, Perl, MySQL

ImageMagick Support

Unlimited Email and FTP Accounts

Fast, Free 24/7 Tech Support

Web Site Hosting Help Forums

3 Web Based E-Mail Programs

TCL, SSH

99.5% Uptime Guarantee

and for Xisto, its showing as:

1. Sub-Domain or Domain Hosting

2. Cpanel (latest release updated automatically)

3. Fantastico 2

4. 50 - 250 mb space [ 50 mb provided initially ]

5. 500 - 20,000 mb Bandwidth

6. Ip Address [ Shared ]

7. Unlimited Sub-Domains

8. Unlimited Parked-Domains

9. Unlimited Addon-Domains

10. Unlimited MySQL Databases

11. Unlimited Email Accounts

12. Unlimited Email Forwarders

13. Unlimited Mailing Lists

14. Unlimited Email filters

15. Unlimited Ftp Accounts

16. PERL version 5.8.X

17. TCL

18. TOMCAT

19. JSP

20. PHP version 4.3.X [ Safe Mode OFF with FULL GD Support ]

21. MySQL version 4.0.18-standard

22. File Manager

23. FTP Manager

24. All this absolutely FREE and much much MORE!!

I thought, Xisto gives more advanced options than Xisto :)

Thats why asked about the plans! :D

And one more Question

If I request for hosting with a subdomain ( for checking the services here ;) )

can I able to change that sub domain name to my own domain personal domain name! :)

Niran

Edited by Niran (see edit history)

Nope, the features are the same. What's more, I think Asta has better servers (I seem to recall someone mentioning it).

If I request for hosting with a subdomain ( for checking the services here :) )can I able to change that sub domain name to my own domain personal domain name! :)

Yes, you can do that. You can either change your default domain name (subdomain -> domain), which costs credits, or park the new domain name. Either way, you have to set the domain nameservers to ns1.astahost.com and ns2.astahost.com

Yes, you can do that. You can either change your default domain name (subdomain -> domain), which costs credits, or park the new domain name. Either way, you have to set the domain nameservers to ns1.astahost.com and ns2.astahost.com

But the problem is whther Xisto provides the options to change the MX records? / Managed DNS service

Because I need to use Google Hosted as my email service provider! :)

My present server does not provide that option!

But they are giving one IP for the hosting!

So (presently) instead of changing the Name servers at my domain registrar,

I had changed only Address (A) Records to poing to the hosting server,

so that I can use Google hosted for my mails by editing MX records at domain registrar!

:)

I thought about subscribing to Xisto when I saw they had the same plans, but I found the community a little immature, and decided not to go ahead with it, even being easier to keep hosting credits. Xisto did fit more my forum needs.I just wished we had a bigger graphic artists base here... Let's just say I'd have a bit more to do when hanging around here. ;D

But the problem is whther Xisto provides the options to change the MX records? / Managed DNS service

Yes, I think you CAN modify the MX records. I though about doing that when I bought my domain at GoDaddy, but I find it better to park the domain and create a mail account through cPanel.

I thought about subscribing to Xisto when I saw they had the same plans, but I found the community a little immature, and decided not to go ahead with it, even being easier to keep hosting credits. Xisto did fit more my forum needs.
I just wished we had a bigger graphic artists base here... Let's just say I'd have a bit more to do when hanging around here. ;D

A side note... I am a bit of an artist - but I hardly find time to do anything much these days. Do you have anything particular in mind with the 'artist base' here that you would want to venture out? I would be glad to help.

Both as brilliant as each other.I tried Xisto, but surprisingly I was more perpelexed about posting at Xisto than here, partly because I ahd about 60 different browsers up, and other posts.I think Xisto sounds more proffessional so I decided to try this out of the two recommended by my friend, and I ahve amd the right choice, dfinitely, I hope I won't regret saying that !!!Cross fingers.Anyway, I don't need "billions" of features so i don't particularly mind which host.