xisto Community
MSTR

HOW MANY PARTIONS YOU HAVE ON YOUR HARDRIVE

Zero, I have 1 80gb harddrive, I need all the space on it... I had multiple harddrives at one point, but I rarely used the extra HDs... and since I'm not running a server, there was no point, so I just used the extra HDs to build some extra comps.

Zero

Shouldn't you at least have the one that windows needs in order to run? Anyhow, I have the single partition setup on my HD. WD120 with the 8MB buffer!!!
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/partition
No, because a partition would imply division. I'm old school, I don't consider it a partition unless there are more than one. I'm just used to the days where you need to have partition magic to create partitions rather than doing it through the windows install disk.

I have 5 harddisks, al with only one partition. They just seem to last forever, so they just get ferried to the next computer when I ugrade!

C: System - 8 Gb

D: Apps - 30 Gb

E: Misc - 80 Gb

F: CDRW

G: MP3 - 120 Gb (on RAID controller)

H: Video - 200 Gb (On RAID controller)

I have 3 partitions one 80gb second 40gb third 120gb. Plus if you need to reinstall an OS it does not ruin ur data from the same drive that has a partition... It is split so u just delete one side and reinstall from there.

I have 2 hard disks. 1 40 GB and another form my old computer, 3.4 GB.By the way, how do you even attach 5 hard disks? I thought the maximum is 2? Of course, exteral hard drives are another thing but for internal ones there can only be master and slave.Unless, you can have more than 1 slave?Please tell me aobut it. My HDD is barely holding out...I need to add a new HDD...!

SATA and Raid allow you to hook up more than 2 easily. Though it depends if your motherboard supports it other wise you need to get a special card for it. Also you can get specialized hard disks for it, but you can also use ide's with a converter.

C: EMPTY, formatedM: EMPTY, not formated <- later for linux on reinsallE: WINDOWS D: Backup<-maxed up, download storageF: Storage <new download storage