xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Majid Akram

Third Party VPN Software

:D Me and a few friends want to set up a VPN so that we can play some games together (some of which no longer have an online service available, and only support 2 players via direct connect). I have never set up a VPN client or server before, and after doing some reading, it looks like the VPN server built into XP Pro only accepts one incoming connection at a time? Is this correct? And if so, can anyone recommend third party VPN server software that will accept multiple connections at once. Prefer free software, but if I have to buy it then I have to buy it. cheers

You could try https://openvpn.net/, it has a client for Win32 but the server needs linux. May be your ADSL routers already have the capability, a lot do these days.

Other options may be are to investigate https://openwrt.org/ which puts linux on some routers and allows you to config a VPN that way.

I know this hasn't exactly answered your question but hopefully has helped a little.

Thanks.

You might wanna check out the software called " Hamachi" if is just for what you want. I used Openvpn and it never worked so head on over to Hamachi.cc and download it you can try the premium for 30 days or just use the free basic version.