xisto Community
vodkajoe

Easy PHP

EasyPHP installs and configures automatically an environment of complete work under Windows making it possible to implement all the power and the flexibility which dynamic language PHP and its effective support of the data bases offer. EasyPHP gathers a waiter Apache, a base of data MySQL, language PHP as well as tools facilitating the development of your sites or your applications. Thats what they say about it anyway. To me it's a very usefull learning aid. Def. when installing stuff like phpBB mods and the like, it's totally free and essential.

translate.google.com/

So I guess EasyPHP can replace Xampp? What are the differences between the two? I know that Xampp include Apach, MySQL, PHP and several other software combined. Will EasyPHP interpret html, css, xhtml? Would you have to install MySQL separately when you install EasyPHP?

I can't really tell what this is supposed to do (it looks like it was machine translated), but it seems like a full IDE+server package to develop PHP on your desktop right? Anyone know of anything like that for Perl that I can use?

Yeah, but I personally prefer to install everything myself separately, “even” the IDE.. I think by wasting a little bit of time and installing a WAMP Server makes you understand how everything work much better than using something like Xampp or EasyPHP.. I know some people on Windows compiles everything from sources, that seems to be a jungle for me, but this is because I never done something like this before, so I guess installing Apache is a jungle for somebody too ;) But all you need is a few mouse clicks :D A bigger problem is to configure it, but there are Docs and loads of tutorials how to do it. :o

I can't really tell what this is supposed to do (it looks like it was machine translated), but it seems like a full IDE+server package to develop PHP on your desktop right? Anyone know of anything like that for Perl that I can use?

yeah, you can install it to develope PHP on your desktop, and it's really so easy to be installed, plus it's free, giving it another positive side.

as you mentioned above you need a package to develope perl, XAMPP "full package" is doing that, it includes perl, i don't know if XAMPP lite package too have it or not, but XAMPP full package is having it.

So I guess EasyPHP can replace Xampp? What are the differences between the two? I know that Xampp include Apach, MySQL, PHP and several other software combined. Will EasyPHP interpret html, css, xhtml? Would you have to install MySQL separately when you install EasyPHP?

yeah it's a replacement for XAMPP, it's more lighter in fact, and EasyPHP also has MySQL in the package, you don't need to install it separately.

Yeah, but I personally prefer to install everything myself separately

That's how we could learn, ready-made software kill the skill, nothing better than configuring these things yourself, even it takes much time, i enjoy it.