xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PrettyMe

Help With My Website

I really need some help starting up my website. It's much different then what I'm used to, so I'm at a TOTAL lost. I some a template for my site and when I load the file which was index.html, when I went to see how it looked my site it wouldn't come up. I would get Cann't Find server. Come someone please help me?

I think that your problem is that you didn't upload your files correctly!!! To unload files, login to your cpanel and click on File Manager. When you click there, a new window is going to pop up and there you are going to find all the files that are on your account. Find folder called public_html, and click on the icon to open it. When you do that find Upload File(s) and click on it (text or icon, it doesn't matter). I think you now how to do the rest of it but I gonna write it anyway. Use Browse... to find the files you wonna upload, and then click on Upload button. That should be it. If you want to use FTP (File Transfer Protocol) to upload your files, you can use Internet Explorer or any other browser. Here are Internet Explorer instructions: Go to youwebsite.com and then message box is going to pop up, click OK. When it goes away click anywhere with right mouse button and choose option Login As..., enter you username and password (same as cPanel) and all the files are going to show up. Doubles click on public_html folder, when that open just copy all the files for your web site in that folder. I recommend that you don't copy more than 5 files at the same time, because it had a tendency to crash easily. Hope I helped!

i couldnt access http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ... have u registered it and point it/ park it at Xisto? if you have done so, you will need 24-48hrs before the domain progagates and become available to view .. kindly give us more information so that we can help you out :)

63643[/snapback]

How do I point it/park it?

In order to "point and "park" it, you need to point your domian name to Xisto's nameservers. Xisto's nameservers are ns1.trap17.com andns2.trap17.comyou should be able to "point" your domain to these two nameservers in your DNS configuration thru the website that you registered your domian.For more info, go here ->http://forums.xisto.com/topic/1263-domains-settings-blah-blah-etc-read-this/?hl=ns1.trap17.comhope this helps,-whyme