xisto Community
m107

Best Antivirus

I don't know much about anti-virius programs. I use zone alarm pro and love it. This might not be good for you though since I have noticed it is hard to host things since it is so tight security (maby it is because I have Windows XP and not Windows Server). Maby look into it? Search for it on google under alarm zone. I like it but it is mostly a firewall. I also sometimes use Ad-Aware by lavasoft. It deleats most viriuses, is quick (not slow like norton) and a small file. Look that up on google as lavasoft or Ad-Aware. Both these programs are free (or at least have a free version). Hope this helps,Sparkx

I believe Ad-aware doesn't count as an antivirus, it's antispyware, and if that's all you have, you're missing a key component of your defense system. Though Zonealarm does have an antivirus as well, i don't know if it's in the free version or not. Zonealarm comes about as good as a firewall gets, and is pretty tough, but in itself it's not a replacement for an antivirus.

I really like Symantec Antivirus Corporate, since I using it I don' t have any problems with viruses.I recommend it

Finally, I would say that the title of this topic is not quite accurate.You shold not talk about the "best" antivirus, each one has his advantage and what is good for me is maybe not good for you.I would say that the correct statement would be "which antivirus do you prefer" ?On the computers where I have a lot of money, I buy McAfee.On the computers where I have no money, I prefer AVGfree.This simply means my own preference. and I understand that different people with different experience could prefer differently. :ph34r:

I personally like avast! the best, since it looks better than AVG and it has that cool voice that says "[siren] A virus has been detected [siren]".Of course, I hate all the one's that I have to pay for (reason is obvious).

As for me, I use AVG free edition. It's really good. before i use panda anti-virus with spyware doctor but then i also then to get threats and viruses.But now, i just use one software and it does all! It's the only thing i use... it gets updated everyday and the good part is it's free and really reliable... try it.. one of the best i guess.. <_<

i use NOD32 it is the best antivirus out there no matter what anyone says. i would put my life on it that it would pick most viruses up i dont care what anyone says it would.~Hope This Helps~Nick

ComodoBest Antivirus

Before we were using Norton 360 in our office network, it seemed to work perfectly until we noticed shared computers get disconnected after 20 - 30 minutes and we will have to disable and enable the network adaptor. Again it will work for sometime and will be disconnected. All our computers with Norton 360 installed were updated regularly.

Few months back we installed Comodo Internet security and to our surprise we found many viruses in our computers. I really don't know what kind of virus protection is provided by Norton. Way back in 1990's Norton used to provide us with some really good softwares called NDD (Norton Disk Doctor), but now I don't think it is worth to invest in Norton Products.

-reply by Cibi

the collection reviews !Best Antivirus

I used 4 antiviruses 1st avg ! not good coz it doesnt detects every virus ! 2sd panda ! its the worst antivirus I used ! coz it detects only the minor viruses 3rd kaspersky ! its effective ! but it slows down the pc badly ! and slow update 4th eset ! honestly its the best ever ! fast update ! fast scan ! detects every virus and clean it or deletes it :D I honestly recommend everyone 2 use eset ! coz when they do .. .! they wont use other !

-reply by mohamad fakih

The best antivirus at this moment is Kaspersky Internet Security. Also if you don't navigate on many "suspicios websites" Norton 360 is a good choice too. The advantage using Norton is using lower resources than Kaspersky. Your PC will be faster, also the boot times.

Yes, norton eats a lot of resource. and i never seen it personally detecting any viruses. perhaps, norton is eating so many services and not letting viruses to be seen,who knows.