xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ashwinkumar1405241528

Metabolism In Human

Net effect of the TCA cycle...

The energy is first transferred to NAD+ through a highly charged hydrogen atom, and the result is shown as NADH + H+. FADH2 is formed on a simmilar way.

3 moles of NADH and 1 mole of FADH2 generated during each round of the cycle feed into the oxidative phosphorylation pathway. Each mole of NADH leads to 3 moles of ATP and each mole of FADH2 leads to 2 moles of ATP. Therefore, for each mole of pyruvate which enters the TCA cycle, 12 moles of ATP can be generated.

Notice from jeigh:
Make sure to put quoted works in quote block and cite source.

One of the energy-active products of the TCA cycle is allso the GTP.

This is what i know about the net effect of the TCA cycle :D

Metabolism of human beings ... :D

i want the cycles involed in the metabolism of human beings ...

There are a lot of diferent end complex processes going on in the human body, so it is not really easy here to write down all the metabolic pathways and all the cycles. But you can find a lot about this topic by searching Google.

I`ve found a nice page: http://themedicalbiochemistrypage.org

i want the cycles involed in the metabolism of human beings and i need to know how many ATP are formed when a acetyl coA molecule enters the TCA cycle and how many ATP are formed when unsaturated fatty acid ISAND oxidised and i want to know how long chain fatty acid get into the mitochondria

I appreciate your curiosity and interest in this subject matter. Unfortunately, based on similar posts made by you, they seem like homework questions that you request to be answered by the community. I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but otherwise, you should at least make a diligent effort in first researching this topic on your own prior to seeking help from others.

Anyway, in response to the question about fatty acids, they undergo beta oxidation in the mitochondria where they are subsequently converted to acetyl-CoA molecules. The number of FADH2 and NADH generated depends on the length of the fatty acid chain. You may want to look up beta-oxidation on a search engine for details. That is, you can find as much or as little information you want about it. I have a background in biochemistry, so I can continue writing, but it would serve little purpose if it is either too complex or simplistic to you.

As for the long-chain fatty acids, they are transported into the mitochondrial matrix via the carnitine cycle. The fatty acid is first activated into a fatty acyl-CoA form. The fatty acyl molecule is then attached to the carnitine protein. The fatty-acyl-carnitine complex is transported into the mitochondria via the carnitine acylcarnitine translocase protein. Once inside the mitochondrial matrix, the fatty acyl molecule is detached from carnitine, reactivated into the fatty acyl-CoA form, and undergoes beta oxidation. The question specifically asks about long-chain fatty acids, and so it is presented as such. Interestingly, medium-chain fatty acids do no require the carnitine transport system. That is why people with an inborn defect in the carnitine system can be treated through strict dietary measures.

I hope this helps.