xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Giniu

Giniu Reactivation ... or reintroduction? :)

Hi,I'd like to welcome everyone back after year of absence... I have some time and probably would be able to stay around for some while :PFor those that don't remember me or joined when I wasn't there... I'm Linux fan - and Linux user for nice few years... at start Red Hat 7.1, then Red Hat 8.x... after that some flavours of Aurox (Red Hat based) and Fedora... then quick try at Mandrake and finally - Slackware 10, 10.1 and 10.2... why Slackware? Because it works :oI plan to switch to one of three distros: Lunar, Source Mage or Sorcerer... very nice source based distributions and in my opinion lot better than Gentoo... but I first must change my ISP to something better than ADSL with 7gb download limit :/...I'm student of mathematics on Technical University of Wrocław, Poland... I also like to code sometimes :o... I prefer Erlang, I use it everyday in two OSS projects (one very often and second almost no - but still :o). I also know C and C++ but not Visual Somthing from M$ - I think that ANSI standard is more important - I write once and have 3 products :P... I also know Ruby - and use it especially as it has SDL bindings... it is very fast for prototyping software... I tried HTML but it is too hard for me - I tried PHP but realized that it is dying dinosaur, then tried Ruby on Rails - and liked it :P but don't know too much about it for now - still learning and don't rely need it now... I also looked at Java and plainly hate it: "final static void just don't don't ask why"... :D from other things I know Bash and can write Makefiles...I lead design process of cRPG game (I'm part of RavenLord gdt) but we still are on design stage... I'm also learning ot program games... currently I'm busy with using OpenGL to draw 2d using SDL... as it is most cross platform environment... is aviable even on Playstation 2 ;) As target I would try to learn Crystal Space 3d...I think it's all for now :o... oh - and I prefer harder kind of music... plainly hate current trends... I prefer Hard Rock, Metal and of course classical music... especially Beethoven :o regards,Giniu.

Glad to have you back, even though I don't remember you - you were probably gone before I registered :D May I ask, are you here for the hosting or for pleasure?

nah, not for hosting... :D just for pleasure :o I last logged in 11'th September 05 when I terminated my hosting... I have paid host as I didn't had time to come online so also post - I still had abou 50 days of hosting but resigned to lower bandwidth and space on asta... soon after that small hardware problems started... anyway - there I am ;)nice to meet you PyOst... :o

I too welcome you to the boards and I too never knew who you were back then, but we probably only over lapped for a few months so not surprising. I wasn't nearly as active back in the day. Regardless, welcome back and enjoy your stay.

Hi Jeigh :Dyour avatar remembers me designs from Final Fantasy... am I right? :o I also wasn't so active in last days before leaving... and while still there we probably was coming in different hours because of timezone difference ;)