xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Assassin1405241528

Garry's Mod 10 Discuss about Garrys Mod 10 and a short review

New Garry's Mod. New life. Scroll down to read more!

Posted Image

"Garryâs Mod, the Source-powered physics sandbox famed across the games industry, is to be sold over Steam for $10 US, with profits split 50/50 between Garry and his team of contributors and Valve. What is currently known as version 9.1 will lose its number and become the initial paid release, while the current version (9.04) will remain as a free demo. All updates will be free. The sanctioned selling of full, third-party mods is new territory for the games industry, and with no sign of Black Catâs Alien Swarm: Infested it seems that Garryâs Mod will be the first to cross the line.

The practice has both its advantages and drawbacks, and I spoke to Garry to see where GMod falls among them.

"A new GMod with regular updates for $10" is Garryâs summary of the deal for buyers. Itâs the cheapest price point Valve maintain on Steam, and the same price as the voluntary donations that have bought keen players banners on scoreboards, enhanced forum features and beta access in the past â although, citing logistics and the gap between buying banners and games, Garry explains that those donators will have to pay again along with everyone else."

- Valve

Posted Image

"Steam might be helpful in that scenario, but exposing GMod to a new pool of players and excluding those who canât or wonât pay is going to put the community under significant strain, and what comes out when the dust settles will almost certainly be very different, even if that settling takes several months. Garry is optimistic on the matter. âPetitionOnline will probably explode,â he admits, âbut eventually I think everyone will see that this is a great moveâ.

The litmus test of whether or not they do that will be the relative sizes and productivity of the paid and free communities. The two versions will not be compatible, 9.1 being the rewrite it is, and as time goes on the gap between each will grow. Will more people pay than drop out? Will the older credit card-holding audience be as drawn to GModâs brilliantly silly, ad hoc gameplay? Will the new community without younger players be a better one? Garry certainly thinks so, but what will actually happen is anyoneâs guess. The potential gentrification of an online game should be interesting to watch."

- Valve

Posted Image

And of course GMod 10 haves a new models and LUA scripts. GMod 10 is fully new coded. On example you can create a hoverballs and new thrusters. And best is you dont have to get that annoying crossbow. Now you have an Tool Gun!

Posted Image

Hoverballs in action! As below you see the hoverballs are a nice addon to GMod. Example you can build flying cars without balloons and thrusters. You just simply control hoverballs on your keyboard. Hoverballs can be attached to an NPC or an ragdoll too. So let's rock!

Posted Image

And on GMod 10 there are fixed so many camera problems. Now you can see yourself on car or on render target screen. Isn't cool?

Posted Image

Thanks for reading!

All of this IS NOT writen by me but i've been writed a piece of this.

Thanks to:

Valve Software

Garry Newman

Assassin (Me)

Pyost (For reminding me to use quotes)

Links:

http://steamreview.org/posts/gmodsale/

http://www.garrysmod.com/

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by Assassin (see edit history)

I recently bought counter strike source and gmod came with it. Then I bought hl2 and want to get all of the "cool" features but don't know how(I'm really new to gmod). How do I know if its gmod 10 or not?-fps_nightmare.

All mods are missing !

Garry's Mod 10

Why don't they put living caracters in gmod instead of just ragdolls???

Or those gmod 10 have this option in it ???

Sorry for the stupid yahoo adres :|.

-question by Victor