xisto Community
iGuest

Phpnet.us Bad Experience

I was looking for a good free host, when I came across PHPNet.us. They promised no ads, 100 percent uptime, and PHP and MYSQL databases (unlimited number of dbz). I was like, dude, this is too good to be true. And it was. The uptime they promised was nonexisitent, because for two hours after the initial 10 minute period I got to check out phpnet it went down, meaning the entire server, I couldnt even access the homepage. Then after those 2 hours, I tried logging in and it wouldnt even accept my real username and password!! I tried logging in FTP from SmartFTP, My Computer, AND Firefox, none of them worked.What's even worse is that during a BIG FTP upload of some CMS stuff and things like that it just went down, and then I had to restart the WHOLE upload. And I have a slow upload, only 16 kb/sec (128 kbps). Lastly, I couldn't even use my domain name with them, they only had a subdomain option. I was considering using the domain name with another host and then doing a php redirection, but that would mess up my pagerank and would be a total nusiance. Hopefully it was just a temporary thing, but if Xisto gives me hosting, then its enough to drive me away.

I was looking for a good free host, when I came across PHPNet.us. They promised no ads, 100 percent uptime, and PHP and MYSQL databases (unlimited number of dbz). I was like, dude, this is too good to be true. And it was. The uptime they promised was nonexisitent, because for two hours after the initial 10 minute period I got to check out phpnet it went down, meaning the entire server, I couldnt even access the homepage. Then after those 2 hours, I tried logging in and it wouldnt even accept my real username and password!! I tried logging in FTP from SmartFTP, My Computer, AND Firefox, none of them worked.
What's even worse is that during a BIG FTP upload of some CMS stuff and things like that it just went down, and then I had to restart the WHOLE upload. And I have a slow upload, only 16 kb/sec (128 kbps).

Lastly, I couldn't even use my domain name with them, they only had a subdomain option. I was considering using the domain name with another host and then doing a php redirection, but that would mess up my pagerank and would be a total nusiance.

Hopefully it was just a temporary thing, but if Xisto gives me hosting, then its enough to drive me away.

I've had same problem in Freehostia.com. And it will be never again worked. :D

The PHPNet site seems up, they say but, instantly or not, the accounts are not activated.

i tried just now and my account was activated in 2 minutes..
i dont know about the reliability but the company was operating since 2006 :D

---------

I was looking into a few things at this Phpnet.us site. Since I cant have two accounts here I thought I might give it a try, no adds, unlimited mysql. But I found one thing out about the site and banner advertisements in the terms of service:

Banner Free Terms A Banner Free Payment ($12.00) entitles the purchaser to have the banner advertisments removed from one web site URL only. This does not include removing advertisments from any additional aliases added to the account or removing advertisments from any other domains or services associated with the phpnet.us account.

And another thing that worries me, because I am not sure about how to get my site noticed is this in the terms:

Your site must recieve at least ONE (1) non-bot unique visitor per month. This is to save us collecting dead accounts.

Those were just some things about the site I thought I'd point out to people.

And another thing that worries me, because I am not sure about how to get my site noticed is this in the terms:

Those were just some things about the site I thought I'd point out to people.

as for the one unique visit.. you can visit your site daily.. you can even cheat using other methods and that is just one unique..

the main concern i have is the ads.. how big and how many are they.. the ads part is the main reason why people go to asta on the first place and it is expensive in that site to remove the ads.. i can better fare away from those ads for just $10.00 a year on all aliases it have except if i use a subdomain under my domain hosting on my old host..

Edited by vhortex (see edit history)

I don't know about that service, but I think you will be happy here. Are there any real complaints here? I sure don't have any and the community is great!You'd probably have more luck looking for something more realistic like here at Xisto.

I signed up, it sucks. I could get onto ftp, but it disconnected soon as I wanted to upload. I uploaded by web browser, and it never showed. It's an awful control panel, I thought I read CPanel somewhere.

lol i have been into site worst than this .... i have been looking for a free-hosting for 9 months ago and i have tried alot f sites ... that i enev lost counting lol....like some of the site do this:*in the first weak you dont see any ads but after that .... big and anoyying ads on the top of the page *you have ulmited DB and ftp accuont but you cant use and too complex to use*bad errors and even worst the design of the template that you cant change enev the colors..so at least i have seen what ASTA Host can prvide ...not all of it ....i onlt previewed a couple of hosted member pages.:)

I remember I needed some extra space and registered with phpnet.us, thought it is a good host, but saw that it doesn't offer anything, well it gives you all the main stuff, but you can't do anything with dns, I mean you can't add or park a domain and need to use the subdomain they give you or just have some redirecting domain like uni.cc or co.nr!

Yep, just tried phpnet.us and thought it was going well till i tried using it and the first folder i created led to a page full of adds on my site. Tried uploading an index page and still nothing. Not happy Jan!!!

It look like all other services and other bad sites i have been through... they always tell you that they offer alot of thing .... php,sql and bla bla bla... but to be honest who can offer unlimited db ..comon ;)try to read the rest and you'll find something else that will change your mind or get you confuseed because alot of comapnes stand on offering not real account.