xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vaibhav1405241528

Is It Ok To Have Such An Account Hosted With Astahost? I want to create a forum / website which opens up the internals of sec

I want to open up a hosting account for starting a website which solely contains articles and discussioins on security related topics. Since It is written in the Terms and COnditions that any site related to HACKING is not tolerated, I want to ask you some conditional questions:1. What are the exact topics not meant to be discussed in the website / forum hgosted by Xisto?2. I promise that I will try to control the useless posts PLUS those which directly guide people about how to create havoc with networks. However At the same time I admit that the forum will contain topics realtedto computer security, networks and other Intenals which are drooled upon by newbies. 3. Since the site is related to security, Most visitors will be asking questions upon hacking! But I promise that it will be made sure that noone with a malicious Idea is given an answer... Overall I want to say that even thought the site /forum will be related to security, I will allow only knowledge to flow through ... not the unwanted stuff on cracking into networks or computers.So Am I eligible for hosting? If yes then please reply me on this post. I am just goping to apply for the hosting.Thank you!

As far as I know, there are numerous web sites on the web that deal with this topic, and they are legal. According to Xisto's Terms of Service, this is what's not allowed:

Xisto.com's services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities. Xisto.com reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.

Since I'm no lawyer, just wait a bit for an administrator to confirm if those web sites are allowed.

I guess unless you keep the discussion of hacking to a minimum i dont think its a problem. By that i mean if a member asks "How do i hack a secured PC on LAN" ? .. thats a straight lock topic OR ban user .. whatever your sites terms and conditions use. But if a member asks .. "How do i use firewall on my system and what are the possible ways someone can get into my PC" ? .. then it could be allowed .. for a discussion .. Plus NO warez hosting ;) ..But i think you should also get the views of other members on this site. Final word .. Just make shure no one contacts Asta, questioning and complaining about your account :DRegardsDhanesh.

Well I already assured that I wont allow those type of things which direct a USER tyowards commiting crime but certainly some deep knowledghe about TCP IP and also some internal knowledge about different type of attacks is to be discussed ... of course I am not going to tell anyone that what are those tools which are going to allow a USER to make such an ATTACK. That all. And I think you rpeople (and probably some administrator too ) understands my intentions.

OK,Here’s my point of view. First off as long as you keep the “tutorials on hacking” To a minimum if not totally off your side there should be a problem. Second, as stated before questions regarding how someone can keep their systems secure while at the same time how that security can be bypassed should be OK. But if someone directly comes out says while I want to have such and such a network with such and such security in that type of topic should be allowed, as you already know.Basically, the way I read the terms of service, it’s basically is saying that you cannot Host a site on Xisto That is dedicated solely to hacking ( i.e. hosting a forum that is dedicated to how to exploit known security issues of operating systems and networks and a host tutorials on how to do it). As long as you stay away from that sort of Postings on your forms there should not be an issue, of course I could be wrong and the final word does come from power administrator and our moderators.Logan