xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tarin

Need For Speed Carbon

EA has announced that they are working on the newest version of need for speed on June 22, 2006. the main web site for the game is located:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This game is like another version of underground 2. using clips and videos like nfs:mw.

It is expected to be released for every game console and pc including ps3 and wii once they are released. i couldnt find the expected release date but im expecting it to be released late this year.

do you think this game will do as well as the other need for speeds and would u buy it?

I think it will defintely do well, it sounds great. I loved Underground 2 and I cant wait for a game more like it. Hell even Most Wanted was fun, but it was just lacking that feel that underground had of illegal street racing because the cars were not as fun to look at. What I really wish they would do is improve upon the graphics some more since gameplay is already pretty good :D.

Most certainly will, especially if it's like Underground 2, the best Need For Speed, in my opinion. Yes, Most Wanted was good, but it's an idea used to many times. On the other hand, both Underground games are unique in their own way. But there is one thing I am worried about. In Underground 2 we had a whole city and all those improvements when compared to Underground 1. What new can we get now? I'm sure they have a few ideas in their sleeve, but we shouldn't expect anything revolutionary.

i think nfs: underground was the most successfull. most wanted is indeed fun to play but is lacking the "control" of your vehicle. The interior of the vehicle can not be touched like in underground 1 and 2. i think need for speed in general including all its old versions has done very well.

I can't wait to have NFS:Carbon in my computer.

If someone don't knows, then i can say some things about new nfs. There will be absolutely new tuning system, called Auto-sculpt. It's amazing! It unlocks almost infinite tuning. If someone wants to know how it will all work, go to http://www.nfsplanet.com/ and see Videos page for auto-sculpt video. I guarantee, you will all be amazed!.

Second thing i heard is that you will be able to have your crew. Also you will be able to mod your crew's cars! Nice :)

Third thing i heard is that there WILL be police and it will be several times stronger (maybe AI will be better, or maybe it will be harder to break their cars, don't know that...). I guess that isn't a good thing for those who didn't like MW or Hot-pursuit series.

I think that's all i know about Carbon :) just wait, and i think we'll see much more than that. I heard that it will show up November 2006.

Put it like this by the time I play this game it wil be all over and done with on my PS3 XD.Basically it's a combiniation of underground 2, juiced, mostwanted.

One other thing that NFS Carbon will focus on is driving style. It's basically based on the Fast and Furious:Tokyo Drift where the main focus was on high-speed drifting. sort of a cross between circuit or sprint, and drift. Now if it has all that upgraded AI and police to boot, I will absolutely love the game.

I have bought every game that has come out from NFS. I cant wait until this. I have been watching videos and looking at photos. You can find some pretty good previews if you know the best websites.Also, I could get this game for so many platforms. I will probably get it for PSP or PS2 because those are the platforms I play the most. I dont really play games on the computer because it is too slow.

So I've been playing a bit of NFS Carbon the last two days and I must say, I'm impressed. I was worried at first that it wouldn't amount to much more then a slight upgrade to Most Wanted but I ended up being very happily surprised.Not only are the graphics better, but alot better. At first glance it might not seem like a large improvements but close examination of the cars, effects, environements, everything makes you realize they did a great job upgrading the visuals. I have it for the 360 and it truly takes advantage of the systems power. It captures the feel of moving like a bat out of hell and doesn't let up.The first big change you notice when you get into the game is the choice between muscle, exotic, or tuner cars. I love this aspect since the muscle cars actually feel different for a change, they are about raw power instead of precision. Sure this might not be everyones cup of tea but thats why you get the choice :D I love the variation and its a great addition. Another aspect I enjoy is that the controls (at least on the 360) seem to require alot more attention to actually race properly. Due to the significant differences between car types AND overall changes to the controls makes the cars feel more realistic and therefor more challenging to drive properly. Its not harder to play the game, just requires more attention to look good doing it :)Next up, drifting. Its back with a vengeance baby and again requires you to actually know whats going on. As well the random races when driving around the city are something I missed from underground 2. Carbon is feeling like a great combination of new things I love and old things I loved without the things I disliked about older NFS games.The "crew" territory takeover aspect has been done before in other games but always adds a little depth to the game. Nothing major but adds something else to be interested in.The addition of wingmen is also very interesting. Having another car working WITH you in some races is quite a different feeling when firing down the tracks, again its not necessarily a breathtakingly amazing change but is welcome nonetheless.A final addition I truly love is that you can choose variations of the upgrades you purchase. You can choose tires to favor in braking, whether your NOS is about duration or intensity, etc. Being able to tweak your ride more without getting into micromanaging insane simulation type detail is a great balance.All in all carbon is a great addition to the NFS franchise. I'm sure there will be things some people dislike but I've loved the last few NFS games and it seems like they aren't going to disappoint anytime soon. GET THIS GAME NOW!

I have it for the PC. Can't afford the XBox360, which has the best performance. I'm halfway through, and from what i've experienced, the PC version also has major updated graphics. The cars handle a lot differently from each other, and the customizing is nice. The canyon races are great, and the drifting is the best of all. The wingman addition is a good idea, and the CGI scenes and storyline is better than most wanted or underground. What i don't like about it:Cops are wimpy. I thought it would be harder to beat them.Not enough challengers when driving through the city.Gameplay to finish is short -- if you stick to it, 10 or 20 hours will do.The wingmen are more of an annoyance a lot of the time. they slam on their brakes in front of you, blockers do best when they're behind you, scouts seem to crash into either side of a shortcut frequently.Overall, still a great game, but it could have been better.

yeah its a mad game. i have undergorund 1 and 2 and now im getting carbon.i played it at my mates house and it was so fast and cool.i love how you can do up the car.you better be able to do that in this 1.

idk about on the computer or anny onther system but the Xbox 360but plug that baby in to a plasma hdtv and u got sove very good grafix as for the gameplay id rate it about a 7/10 great game exelent handeling on most cars but to easy to beat