xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Velocity

Linux For Your Ipod :o

So, I was broowsing around, looking for places I could put cool little games on my iPod and such. I came accross many different ones, and I think one had a virus. About then I was ready to give up when I see a link on google that says "Linux for your iPod". I was very curious, as it sounded like a pretty cool idea. I looked into it and it had games and such, like asteroids, pong, tetris, mines, and Pod-draw, which is kind of like paint. Here are some screenshots I acquired.

Posted Image

^^PodDraw

Posted Image

^^Mines

Posted Image

^^Tetris

Posted Image

^^Pong

Posted Image

^^Asteroids (A-Steroids)

If you get Linux on your video iPod, everything is in color. Heres a picture of some "matrix" coding on an iPod photo.

Posted Image

Look at this

Posted Image

Doom 95 on an ipod!

So there you have it, iPod Linux. I havent put it on my iPod yet but I probably will soon, I want to see what other people think about it. iPod Linux has many other cool features. Just check out their site at:

http://ipodlinux.org/

I wanted to share thsi to see what everybody else thought of it.

Tell me what you think

-Kyle

I have a small warning for you borther! If anything goes wtrong with your iPod due to Linux, neither Apple not the Linux vendor will take resposibility of ity! you will lose your songs / videos and time and of course the most importatntly money...you will have to buy a new iPod. So better get another console for playing games...Mobiles are there ( if you know there are some smart phones to install games ansd apps on them LOL) So I wouldnt suggest you to get your iPod running on Linux!

It really isnt that big of a deal to fix it if you do screw something up, plus if your warrenty is gone already, they wouldn't fix it anyway. I havn't personally gotten linux to work on my ipod nano, but thats because its still in beta for the nano, but it looks amazing. For me it really isnt that practical since the battery life on the nano with color screen isnt that great but other then that I think that linux on an ipod is a great idea especially if they figure out how to hook up a wifi card to it, then the possibilities are endless.

Well Demonhawk...I never said that it aint a good thing....it certainly is...and since Linux is made by so many people around the world and crafted carefully by some of the most experienced programmers, it is not going to malfunction that easily. And if you know how to do things then it aint a very big task too! But all i was trying to point is that it still is risky. They in their warranty clearly indicate that they are not responsible for damages done by usign third party tools.