xisto Community
Alegis

Online Personality Disorder Test! Its fun .. Do you think its any good ?

Online tests ! While usually crap (or nonsense like "Which *insertseries* character are you?") I don't disgregard one too soon.

Of responses I've read and own 'result' I kinda like this one;

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv

Be honest ! I had

Disorder | RatingParanoid: Moderate
Schizoid: High
Schizotypal: Low
Antisocial: Low
Borderline: Low
Histrionic: Low
Narcissistic: Low
Avoidant: Low
Dependent: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

"People with schizoid personality disorder avoid relationships and do not show much emotion. Unlike avoidants, schizoids genuinely prefer to be alone and do not secretly wish for popularity. They tend to seek jobs that require little social contact. Their social skills are often weak and they do not show a need for attention or acceptance. They are perceived by others as humorless and distant and often are termed "loners.""

Fits me.

Paranoid: LowSchizoid: Moderate
Narcissistic: Moderate
Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

To be honest, I didn't quite understand a few questions, and don't understand half the results, but who cares :D As long as there's more LOWs than MODERATEs, I'm cool ;)

Disorder | RatingParanoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Low
Schizotypal: Moderate
Antisocial: Moderate
Histrionic: Moderate
Narcissistic: High

Here's mine :D. Funny test ... takes some time, but I don't even know what half of the things mean. What's Histrionic?

In psychiatry, histrionic personality disorder (HPD) is a personality disorder which involves a pattern of excessive emotional expression and attention-seeking, including an excessive need for approval and inappropriate seductiveness, that usually begins in early adulthood.

Wow, abhiram, it seems that you have some rather serious problems ;) You are paranoid and therefore don't like social events. But on the other hand, you are narcissistic and histrionic! How can those two problem groups go together? If I were narcissistic and histrionic, I'd probably like social events, as someone could praise me during the conversation :D

Paranoid: Very High Schizoid: Moderate Schizotypal: Moderate Antisocial: High Borderline: Low Histrionic: Low Narcissistic: High Avoidant: Low Dependent: Low Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

What the .. m not Paranoid :D .. and Anti Social :| .. OMG ! This is wrong .. plain wrong .. i need to go cry .. sniff sniff !

Regards

Dhanesh.

i want to try that one.. but the ad with a pretty chick got me much more interested.. now i got totally lost and ended up at american singles..

:D

-------------

EDIT

Disorder Rating InformationParanoid: Low
Schizoid: Moderate

Edited by vhortex (see edit history)

Disorder | RatingParanoid: Low
Schizoid: Low
Antisocial: Moderate
Histrionic: High
Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

Pretty much what I expected... its easy to see what each question is there for heh. I'd disagree with antisocial because I think I interpretted the social questions in an odd manner, but otherwise I'd say it's actually quite accurate.

Wow, abhiram, it seems that you have some rather serious problems. You are paranoid and therefore don't like social events. But on the other hand, you are narcissistic and histrionic! How can those two problem groups go together? If I were narcissistic and histrionic, I'd probably like social events, as someone could praise me during the conversation.

Well ... depends on what you say are social events. The only thing that's absolutely true is I'm a Narcissist. Well if you don't praise yourself who will? ;)

Paranoid? I'm not paranoid at all. I'm only paranoid that someone will occupy the computer when I get up, but that's something that comes with being a geek.

Histrionics ... I should say I'm quite given into sudden outbursts, although for the past 2 years I've been bringing it down to once or twice a year. No outbursts this year yet, except when someone wakes me up for no reason early in the morning.

End note, I'd say this is a silly test. Not to be taken seriously :D.

Oh man, I've taken this before, though it was a long time ago. Sure, I guess it's fun just to kill time... but you honestly can't take these things seriously. :D This definitely is quite silly, true personality disorders are very, VERY scary things.

Oh man, I've taken this before, though it was a long time ago. Sure, I guess it's fun just to kill time... but you honestly can't take these things seriously. tongue.gif This definitely is quite silly, true personality disorders are very, VERY scary things.

Indeed, that's very true. These tests are just supposed to be for fun. I took this test a while ago, and before I even took the test, I was quite sure I would be at least a moderate on schizoid. I'm just...not particularly inclined towards social events and very uncomfortable when forced to spend time with people. Besides, I'm sure an antisocial person would not get antisocial on the test. They'd manipulate themselves, lie on the questions, and get something akin to low on everything. Psychologists would smile, and they'd run off and do what they please. :D JK Edited by Arbitrary (see edit history)

Well I just did the test and here what I got (Some questions were quite stupid)

Disorder | RatingParanoid: Low
Schizoid: Very High
Antisocial: High
Borderline: Moderate
Histrionic: Moderate
Avoidant: Moderate
Dependent: Moderate
Obsessive-Compulsive: High

Well, I think I agree with most of the Ratings :D

Besides, I'm sure an antisocial person would not get antisocial on the test. They'd manipulate themselves, lie on the questions, and get something akin to low on everything. Psychologists would smile, and they'd run off and do what they please.

Haha... I would agree with you... I have read of how those famous psycho guys actually looked pretty normal... some are even outright charming...

I'm moderately narcissistic, everything else is low. Well I'd say that comes with being so cool, but I guess that would just prove them right ^^This is *BLEEP* though. Everybody can figure out how it works (a lot of "No" is a lot of "low") and honesty goes only so far, because your self-perception is lying to you to. You cannot diagnose yourself on such stuff.There are few questions in the tests, that actually ask in a roundabout way.A bit more direct version of the test would be to just ask people "Are you crazy?".Then a text field and then diagnose. If somebody answers in numbers, I'd say "admit him to the mental home" and well, anybody who says "no" is just boring.