xisto Community
dhanesh1405241511

1 Year At Asta .. Its Been Fun !

Ahh .. tommorow i'll complete a year at Xisto .. :unsure: .. with my previous id that i first joined in asta with .. cyph3r .. This time last year .. i was on a road to find a host that could help me host my website with PHP and MySQL. I tried many, and tru a review website .. got hold of asta. And ever since, its always been fun around this place.

Regardless, of how annoying someone can get on a forum like this, the mods .. admins and members have been supportive since. I would remember the times when i would PM opaque for things like "dude my hosting isnt working" .. or message m^e .. lol :D .. "dude i dont like this id .. i wana change the nick" or my all time favourite .. "dude .. delete this account, i will make a new one .. reason: m not happy with the posts i made on this id" :D lol ...

If i had done all of the above on other hosting sites, eith the mods wont reply or i would be banned for spamming .. but this wasent the case with asta. If you are a member here .. new or old .. you should remember that people here Understand you .. and not just take decisions based upon critique and forum posts.

Hope asta will continue to give these services and grow into the best online community for geeks ;)

Thankx to all the mods and admins and members .. specially .. Opaque .. m^e .. Abhiram .. Pyost .. Jeigh .. Vyoma .. Vujsa .. cyborgxxi .. twitch .. sorry if i missed anyone i know ... but always know that you guys have a very important part in increasing my knowledge of what i know today.

Regards

Dhanesh.

Edited by Jeigh (see edit history)

I never even noticed when I had been here a year... when I first came here I wasn't very active and barely kept my site afloat credit wise. Luckily that's all changed since then so that I can become an uber-mod of d00m :unsure: haha. But on a more serious note, glad to see you have and still are enjoying your stay here man. You've never annoyed me so I'm sure thats a good sign, glad to have you kicking around.

Jeigh .. Damn ! .. dude .. sumthing important man .. i think i am having a problem with the way i see my name .. could u please change it for me to CAPS ? ... ohh and while ur at it could you also just do a little change and refresh my hosting account ? ... oh and another thing .. could you please please add " [ " and " ] " to my name ? .. and also please could u help me with my website .. i am hving problems clicking on things cause my mouse doesnt work .. so i guess u'll have to do the entire website for me .. ohh and .... :unsure: and so on so forth .. Lol .. once u pop u cant stop :D .. i normally use this caption with gals .. but this seems to be the right situation in a virtual way ;) .. newayz man .. even m having problems keeping up to my credits and hosting .. i guess i was suspended for a mth sometime ago .. hehe .. but i guess it all comes down to the people you converse with and the new things you learn .. So .. umm .. do u wana help me ? :P:D lolRegardsDhanesh.

Sure I'll help you. But by that I mean I won't help you. So in essence I'll help you by not helping you, so that you help yourself, and thus are both helped and not having me help you.

Oh my :unsure:

Anyhow, dhanesh, I'm glad you are still here. Some people do use the account, but hate posting, so they're gone after only a few months. There's still three month and five days to my anniversary, and you bet I'll be here to celebrate it :D And thanks for mentioning me :D

Congrats, I just noticed that I joined here on 2005 July 13, so I am for one year here too and I can say that these forums are really great and clean, smart people are posting here, it is even interesting to read most of the posts on which I have some interest. :unsure:

I think this place is great too. I've asked some mods for help too with absolutly no problems, and I've only been here a few months. Though most of my posts have been along the way of questions, I'm sure the more I learn, the more I will be able to participate in the way of answers. I love posting. And I love the hosting I get from Xisto. The community, mods, and admin are all great here and I am looking forward for my one year anniversary as well.

Regards

Dhanesh.

This post has been edited by Jeigh: Yesterday, 08:02 PM

oh my gosh.. Jeigh edited the post..

i guess there are a lot of conspiracies here..

maybe.. just maybe danesh put something bad..

or maybe.. maybe.. there was aliens lurking this board.. or.. or..

or maybe.. i just wake up in the middle of my dreams..

-----

i dont know how long i have been to asta.. when i like the service.. i dont count time.. so i never checked what is written on my joined date..

if i hate this service.. every second will count..

----

oh my gosh.. i edited my post tooo..

Edited by vhortex (see edit history)

I'm sure the more I learn, the more I will be able to participate in the way of answers

And vice versa. The more you post here, the more you learn. When I first applied for hosting, I was barely accepted, since my posts were rather "noobish" and short. But after months have passed, I finally realized how easy it is to create quality posts. I really learned a lot while posting here :unsure:

the first time i applied a hosting.. i never read the requirements.. and i got declined.. not that i dont have enough post.. that is.. i applied at Xisto.comstupid me, then i decided to play around and hang around.. but as time goes by.. i turned to ask questions.. on programming .NET and i was happy.. that m^e did not tire in my questions..

I think I have been here only a little while, I'm not really sure to be honest, I haven't kept track. I'll have to check after this post lol.Congratulations on the 1 year of being a member here btw, I was also not too active at first. I honestly wasn't sure where to start posting, so many topics :|

Heh ... glad to hear it Dhanesh. Wouldn't you know it? I've been here exactly a year myself :D. I believe we joined Xisto at the same time, and got accepted at the same time. Been incredibly active initially with credit count touching 100 at one time, but been slackening lately and struggling to keep my credits up. Slowly, I'm considering to take up paid hosting and buying a domain name. But have been debating over it's usefulness since I'm not that active with my website.

Edited by abhiram (see edit history)

Yes, I did indeed edit his post...maybe his post had nothing to do with this? Maybe I've concocted this entire thread as a way to raise morals? Maybe I'm actually a non-corporeal uber-being sent forth to make people think they are replying to one thread when actually its another, MWHAHAHAHAHA!Actually he had put a note for a mod to edit something for him, so I did, because that's the kind of guy I am :D hahaI'm really glad everyone posting here is happy with asta and glad everyone is happy the job myself and the other mods and the higher ups are doing. Answering the types of questions you guys have brought to my attention is part of being a mod I love, along with smashing the spammers who think they can sneak by undetected ;) VIVA LA Xisto! :o :o :o :o :o

Sorry to drift off-topic but... there are spammers here? Wow you guys must be fast, I never catch them even when I'm not posting I'm always checking out the forums when I can so yeah.... wow indeed.I think I'll probably be here when it's my 1 year, maybe not hosted, maybe still hosted but either way still here.

Yeah, there are spammers all the time. And warning levels just keep increasing ;) But we mods do try to delete everything unnecessary as fast as possible. If you check out the SPAM and JUNK forums, you ought to see things recently posted - but you haven't seen them, have you :DAs for the credit count, at the beginning it was a big problem for me, because it was usually about 5, just because my posts weren't good enough. And now it's close to 30 (but just because I was away for 10 days). My goal is to reach 100 till the end of the year :o