xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
simipro

Questions About The Psp

Ok I wanted to know how does the psp get online? Do you need to hook it up to something? And i wanted to know does the memory card cost like 400 dollars? Because who would buy it if it costs that much money?????

Ok I wanted to know how does the psp get online?  Do you need to hook it up to something?  And i wanted to know does the memory card cost like 400 dollars? Because who would buy it if it costs that much money?????

63526[/snapback]

The psp connects either via bluetooth, or it was 801.22a/b/c/g (or whatever that number is) wireless connection, if there's a wireless router/network in the vicinity.

The memory sticks it uses are similar to the camera 'memory cards' that we put in digital cameras. Those do not, cost 400 dollars, and you can get them at electronics stores for 25-125 dollars depending upon the amount of storage space you need.

This is what I understand from the PSP's official website. I possibly may be wrong, seeing as noone's perfect, and I don't own a PSP.

Panda

P.S. I wonder what it'd be like to try to play any video game system without opposable thumbs, (pandas... to be specific)

Well you mean probably LAN online! This is able through PSP's Wi-Fi capabillities,it's something like bluetooth but much faster and has a greater range. Sony hasn't yet revealed how PSP games will be played online without the players being at the same area.As for the memory card,the US package which is launched today, includes a free 32MB Memory Stick. I don't know if the same will happen with the European package.

The memory card used the the PSP is similar to a lot of memory cards used in mobile phones... Well, the cost of the memory card does depend on how much memory space you want. But I think you should be able to pick a memory card up second hand for a pretty cheap. You shouldn't really need a very big memory card, but it depends if you want any recorded tv shows or movies on your PSP or not really.