xisto Community
lonebyrd

Boyscouts Watching Your Downloads

I'm a musical artist myself and i do not find downloading music bad at all. I find that it actually helps you because some people will not buy your albums, but if they think they like you and search limewire and find your music and listen to more of it they might end up liking you a lot more. That is how i discovered my favorite band. I have bought all of there albums now just because i like them so much even though i have already downloaded their music. This is horrible. All your doing is telling kids that ratting people out is a good thing. It's not murder or rape it's music that is being downloaded by 15 yr old girls and boys wanting to listen to the newest 50 Cent song. Artists don't even make most of there money from CD sales. They get it from the sign up to the record company. This is just my opinion and everyone has one, but make sure to read mine and try to understand it before writing back something stupid that i will probably agree with.

It's not murder or rape it's music that is being downloaded by 15 yr old girls and boys wanting to listen to the newest 50 Cent song.

You know, I kind of agree with your point of view. All this hype and push about piracy is mostly done by companies trying to get the most out of their record deals even when they're doing quite well. I don't think piracy is such a big issue that the government needs to encourage kids to act as vigilantes for huge companies that make a whopping profit in any case. Of course we hear about Millions of dollars in losses by the record companies because of piracy, but no one talks about how much these companies are already making in regular sales. And by governments backing up such schemes, it sidelines the more important issues, as already said, like human rights.

You know, I kind of agree with your point of view. All this hype and push about piracy is mostly done by companies trying to get the most out of their record deals even when they're doing quite well. I don't think piracy is such a big issue that the government needs to encourage kids to act as vigilantes for huge companies that make a whopping profit in any case. Of course we hear about Millions of dollars in losses by the record companies because of piracy, but no one talks about how much these companies are already making in regular sales. And by governments backing up such schemes, it sidelines the more important issues, as already said, like human rights.

glad someone does! haha. Arn't they only losing that money on CD sales though? What about iTunes and things like that? Legal downloading has increased a lot too, but they don't tell you that. Why would these companies tell boy scouts to do this? I don't know, i think this should be treated just like child labor laws haha/