xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HmmZ

Need Help Integrating Phpbb

What i would like to see is the phpbb forum i downloaded to be integrated into my site, ok what the hell does that mean :) When a visitor or member clicks on the "forum" link on my site, it should open within the site (and not open a new page) while keep the header-logo(its only a logo for now) and the menuOn top of that, when a member logs into my site, he/she should be logged in as forum member tooand i dont know if the original phpbb forum has a header, if it has one, id like to hide that so i can create my own header for it (doh :) )I know im asking much, but is anyone capable of doing this for me? if so pm me :P

well for the login bit go to the phpbb offical site and find the php fetch all mod (it is actually named php fetch all) that will have a cut down ersion of the login in one of its scripts which will allow you to put it anywhere on the site. And as for the log in on all the site the best thing to do is to get the login header from a phpbb script file and put it on every one of your member pages....man just that is a whole tutorials worth.And im not sure what kind of header you mean, like the forum login header or the banner for the site logo...(what can be easily confused, remember I can not multitask)Are you using frames on your site and want your forums to be opened in one frame?...

You can click my sig image to view the site index (as far as it is completed so far)then you'll find out im not using frames.Most forums usually use a large header that contains a forum logo and the buttons (register, login, search, etc..) and i want to do that myself, instead of the visitor seeing only the header instead of all the boards and threads, once someone clicks "forum" link it should actually only show the different boards and below that its statistics, id like to put the forum buttons (register, login, search, etc..) somewhere else on my site.As for the frame part once more, you could see it as frames (even though im not using them) with the menu (left) and the header(top) keep showing whatever page you open (i think this is called by the include() function(yes im using php)).thanks for the direction of the login part, that really helps (havent searched for it, but im certain you are speaking righteously :) )

help with integrating a forum

Need Help Integrating Phpbb

How can I get this leave comment form for my own site using an existing blog system?

-question by rahul