xisto Community
luizzeross

Suse Repositories Anyone using SuSE ?

!! It's for SuSE users !!

Which are the best repositories for Yum and YaST on SuSE ?? Where can I find a repositorie with A LOT of LIBS that are needed commonly ? Is there a repository with packages such as PostgreSQL, PHP5, Mplayer, Lame, DVD::RIP, and many other apps for SuSE ? Are those rpm for Fedora compatible with SuSE ? And what about Mandrake RPMs ? :unsure:

Well, you sure helped me out. So SuSE is more powerful using the "old and good debian like APT" ? Then, what the heck happened to the YaST ?? I've got some server, but they seem not to attend my needs due to constant dependency problems. If you say that APT is ruling over SuSE too, then I can use the front-ends (APTITUDE and Synaptic) as well, right? Well, you seem to know a lot about linux too, then answer my question: Was the APT system developed by the Debian team or not?? And how can I have PostgreSQL working properly under SuSE ??

Well, I've researched a lot, and found out that newer ( >= 10.0) versions of SuSE does not have great repositories as the older versions. And I've installed the version 10.1 and it even doens't have APT anymore in the distro packages. The packages will be maintained mainly by Four4s, YPM and YOU.

Edited by luizzeross (see edit history)

I'm have already switched back to SuSE 10.0, just because ZSnes didn't run on 10.1, but I can use the 10.1 DVD as a source to install and update some packages. But now with the APT running and well, I guess I'll not use the YaST to install thing anymore :unsure:.

Sorry to be a little of topic but i really need help. Im trying to install suse enterprise edition 9 on a new machine and the computer starts to boot the disk. It then asks me to put in disk 1, but disk 1 is already in! I have tried putting every disk, and it still doesnt work. Thanks in advance for your help. PS, im desperate!