xisto Community
luizzeross

How To Install PostGRE-SQL On Linux How to

How can I install PostgreSQL onto an Open SuSE 10.0 ? And after install, how can I put a daemon to run (like mysqld) ?? I tried to install it here using those fedora-core 5 rpms from the PostgreSQL official website, then got dependencie problems like that "libpam", that I already had it in "/lib" dir, then installed with "--nodeps" option. Now I'm getting this error:

postmaster: /lib/libpam.so.0: no version information available (required by postmaster)

Is there any other way to install this junk more easily ? What about from source ?? Isn't there any YaST or Yum repositories ??? HELP!!! :unsure:

Edited by luizzeross (see edit history)

is pam installed ?if so, it looks like a simple symbolic linking error.create a symbolic link names /lib/libpam.so.0 ( or whatever the missing file is )that links to the real libpam.so file. ( libpam.so.1.whatever )