xisto Community
zomowiec

What Old Games Do You Like Most:p?

What were some of the PC games you grew up playing?Me...Reader RabbitDoom IIPepper's Adventures In TimeHalloween Harry (Alien Carnage)RaptorOregon TrailMoon PatrolDinoPark TycoonHocus PocusThe good old days

I loved the Incredible Machine, where you built all these gizmos and stuff and made it run. That was so cool! And I'm also right now playing a lot of Mortal Kombat 4. :unsure: And Jazz Jackrabit was an early childhood favorite, along with Worms.

I loved the Incredible Machine, where you built all these gizmos and stuff and made it run. That was so cool! And I'm also right now playing a lot of Mortal Kombat 4. :unsure: And Jazz Jackrabit was an early childhood favorite, along with Worms.

Incredible Machine! I really loved that one. You could make your own machines too.

I also really liked Zork and the other Infocom text-based games.

I like heretic and doom I guess. I don't play much console games, but Super Mario world for SNES was cool. Metal Gear Solid for PS1 was great too. There's lots of games that are very good in gameplay, but obviously the graphics just don't compete with todays standards. I'm sure there are lots of games there that I've never even heard of that would probably entertain me for days.We'll never be able to experience all that the gaming industry has to offer.

A few of the old games that I loved to play were the old 'Oregon Trail' that I used to play in grade school, that I now bought as an adult. It's not as fun as I remember, but it has the nostalgia factor. Another game I loved was 'Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galagy', the text game. I wasn't that great at it, but loved it anyway. And the first RPG I ever played... It was on and Apple 2C (or was it 2E), it was called 'Warriors of the Wasteland'. I don't know of anyone else that has ever played it. I would love to find it again, but I no longer have an apple computer.

A few of the old games that I loved to play were the old 'Oregon Trail' that I used to play in grade school, that I now bought as an adult. It's not as fun as I remember, but it has the nostalgia factor. Another game I loved was 'Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galagy', the text game. I wasn't that great at it, but loved it anyway. And the first RPG I ever played... It was on and Apple 2C (or was it 2E), it was called 'Warriors of the Wasteland'. I don't know of anyone else that has ever played it. I would love to find it again, but I no longer have an apple computer.

Ah yes, the game "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy." At the beginning of the game, the player's inventory shows this:

You have:

a splitting headache

no tea

And then later there is the absurd puzzle in which you need to get "Tea" and "No Tea" at the same time. It's the kind of game in which you generally can't figure out all of the puzzles on your own because some of the solutions are improbable to the extreme, but the writing and the ideas are so funny that you don't seem to mind having to ask your friends for hints or search the Net for a walk-through. I still have a copy of that game.

I think the puzzles in this game were planned deliberately to be absurdly improbable because this was consistent with Douglas Adams' writing style; He would always start a sentence so that you would be lulled into accepting the sentence as being perfectly normal, but by the time you would get to the end of the sentence he would throw in an astoundingly unexpected phrase that would be hilarious. Like looking inside your pajama bottoms and finding a pot of petunias.

Reader Rabbit

Oh yeah, I remember playing that game. I liked it when I played it--I was sort of hooked. I especially liked the picking out the correct jewel based on the word with the monkey part. But recently when I saw my brother playing it (I have no idea where he dug up the CD), it didn't seem half as interesting as before. But ah well, interests do change as you get older. I also remember playing Oregon Trail...That was back in third or fourth grade, I believe. I liked it a lot back then...but same as lonebyrd, I didn't find it so interesting when I played it again recently.

Dude i love to play the old genesis games. There are even some websites online that have emulated them so you can play online, Im not just talking about Genesis but there are also SNS NES N64 and GBA. I really love the old games from the 80's like SONIC, Shinobi, Streets of Rage, Columns, Mario, Zelda for NES, and the simpsons game.

My favorite computer games were:Heroes of Might and Magic II and IIISome motorcycle racing gameMinesweeper (hee hee)StarcraftStar wars Podracingand Galactic BattlegroundsBut I don't really play computer games anymore. Our computer crashed a bunch of times and so my dad doesn't allow us to install games on there anymore. I think it was because our computer was a no name brand and couldn't keep up with anything so we ended up buying a new computer but my dad doesn't like us installing things on it anyway.

Edited by cyborgxxi (see edit history)

My favorite games back in the days were probably:1. Legend of Zelda2. Mortal KombatI remember back in the days when I owned my very own copy of Legend of Zelda for the Nintendo. It was in a gold cartridge and everything. It was the first game I actually cherished during those times. Maybe it was because of the packaging. Legend of Zelda was probably the first game I actually got into as an adventure game. Back then I was mainly into the fighting games and I still am, but ever since zelda came out I became a aventure game hunting fanatic. It had a really good story back then, I believe, which probably today is considered as corny.As evolution of games evolved, Legend of Zelda, to me, seems to probably be the best original game. With the recreation of the continuing saga coming to the Nintendo Wii, Im pretty sure it will offer the same about of fun factor and gameplay that will impress most of the fans.Moreover, with the release of the first Mortal Kombat title, the first game to involve blood in the game I believe, it changed my perception of fighting games altogether. I remember when street fighter games was the most fun game I played ever since its release, but when Mortal Kombat entered the scene and introduced the presence of Blood, and fatalities. All the fighting games I look at now needs to carry the same interest, or some sort of unique feature for me to really get into the game.It was that presence of blood in a game that fueled my interest in its type of genre. Although through its multiple recent incarnations of its title seems to be slipping its essence of what it was when its first title was released because the fatailities and blood factor involved in their titles now seems to be too overdone or corny to be interesting.In conclusion, games like Legend of Zelda and first Mortal Kombat seems to be the most interesting games that I have ever played back in the day.

I have many old favourites, but i mainly remember playing Raptor: Call of The Shadows. That was, and still is, the best game in the world! There are also a couple of other games i used to play, like Jazz Jackrabbit 2. i've also used mame before and one of my favourite games from the 80's arcade is Joust. Its quite mindless, but it keeps you entertained for a long time. My favourite game right now though is battlefield 1942, I play it all the time.

I remember the game i used to like the most was tactical ops, a mod for unreal which was similar to counter strike if not better. My favourite game right now is battlefield 2 and soon to be battlefield 2142 when it comes out in the next few weeks. Ahh i remember all of the old dos games that only used to use around 1mb of ram, and now you have battlefield 2 which needs about 1.5gb to run properly -HellFire

The Incredible Machine (Awesome puzzle game!)Battle Chess ( a funny version of chess where the pieces are animated and you can watch them fight)A whole bunch of nintendo games: life force, contra, ninja gaiden, bomberman, etcbouncing babies (really old DOS game)

I have many old favourites, but i mainly remember playing Raptor:

Yes, me too. I'm still playing Raptor.Along with Death Rally.
Does sombody still play Krypton egg ? It's my favourite brick breaker.

Mortal Kombat 1, 2 and 3 (specially MK2); Super Mario World, Mario Kart...But I think the most PERFECT games are Mario Kart 64 and the Monkey Island series. Man, those Lucas Arts games are HILARIOUS!!