xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Peaktao

Your Favourite Horror?

As horror is my favourite type of films, wonder if you have some favourites. (I'll use this to see if i miss any must-see horrors so that i can catch up on them ;-) )My favourites are: (not in order)- The Ring (Japanese version, scary as hell)- The Others (love the atmosphere it creates)- Sixth Sense (Everyone's favourite, i guess. Clever)- Blair Witch Project (super scary as i thought it was real. Wouldn't camp in a wood for months after watching it)- Ju-on (Korean original which inspired "The Grudge", the boy was freaking me out)

There are a lot of great horrors,Braindead, army of darkness, hellraiser, evil dead, etc.but it seems, you are more into the ghostly horrors, so the above might not be to appealing for you. anyways, you could ofcourse try them out.

Some of my favorite are...The Ring - I always wanted to see the Japaness version but I don't know where to get it.Childs Play - The newer one aren't as good as the older movies.Puppet Master - That was pretty freaky to me at first. :X

I thought The Ring was really disappointing. Kept waiting for it to get scary but was too annoyed with the characters to care if they were going to even die or not. :) I won't be watching the second. I thought The Grudge was actually really frightening! It's like you KNOW it's coming, because of the noise, but I still screamed anyway! :) I would have liked more of "Why is this happening?" in the movie, but I guess if it was explained, maybe that would take away from the effect. The only horror movie I haven't been able to get through is the Exorsist. I'm just not a fan in a big way. Otherwise I can laugh at pretty much any horror movie. I like disecting them to try to figure out what "they" think *should* be terror-inducing to "us." It's a whole sociocultural thing. As one to check out, I say rent Young Frankenstein. It's a Mel Brooks film so it sort of pokes fun at the genre, but the mood and feel of it is very much there. Great stuff!

The only horror movie I haven't been able to get through is the Exorsist. I'm just not a fan in a big way.

63656[/snapback]

I agree there. Either i don't really get it or it just doesn't scare me.