xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vyoma

Battle Of Endor A StarWars X-Wing Fighter Simulation

I am one big Star Wars buff. Last year I spent around two thousand bucks on StarWars novels. I have around 15 novels now on my shelf.

And the games that are based on Star Wars Universe have the charm of their own.

This game 'Battle of Endor' is a X-Wing Figher Simulation. You fly in a squadron along side Wedge Antilles and go around fighting of Tie-fighters, Tie-interseptors, Star-Destroyers, Super-star-destoryers and more.
It is a good game content wise with rather mediocre graphics and no sound overs. You just have the Star Wars theme music in the background and the sounds of lasers shot and torpedos being loaded. You also have occassianal screeches of the Ties as they whip past you.

It is quite a good simulator of the Battle of Endor, and can be quite engrosing. The only annoying part is when Lando Clarissan calls out to save his @$$ from the Ties attacking the Millenium Falcon. :unsure:

I got it off a Magazine DVD, but I think you guys can download it off this link: http://www.bruneras.com/games_swboe.php It is a freeware.

I wish Lucas arts would hire Totally Games to make some new Xwing series games. Tie Fighter Collectors CD still is one of the all time great computer games along with Xwing Vs. Tie Fighter being the first great multiplayer fligh sim over the internet. Hell it worked great even with everyone having 56k modems! Hell I'd buy a new PC if they released such a game. Well Actually I'm buying a cheap one so I can play Falcon 4.0: Allied something arouther...basically Falcon 4.0 with all the bugs taken out and some cool upgrades. Last, no one makes games I want to play anymore...Ubi ruined the Rainbow 6 games from good tactical shooters to arcade games and the same with Ghost Recon 2. You don't respawn in real life!

Flight simulators were never my cup of tea and I stuck to roleplaying games. I prefer roleplaying games.But the X-Wing simulators have got their own charm and I dont mind shifting categories when it comes to them.