xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Eliia

Build Your Own Adventure, New Browser Based Game

Hi All,

Iâm an avid RPG gamer and have loved playing games like D&D and other fantasy style games almost all my life.

Iâve played lots of RPGs and got really tired of the level grind and lack of quests/game content. So over the past 2 years Iâve built my own game system that plays in a web browser. Iâm a computer programmer for the last 10 years, so Iâve built the system myself.

I think itâs finally stable enough for BETA, so I am looking for people to test drive it and give me feedback.

The entire concept is based on allowing players to contribute to the game world by adding quests - and all the items, containers, traps, NPC buildings and even your own chatrooms.

The graphics are nothing to boast about - Iâm not a graphic designer, but it will do until someone offers up their skills.

Please have a look at the system and let me know what you think. I think that people having the ability to contribute content to the world is a big bonus - rather than playing a game that always has a predetermined end - this world can change at anytime, because of any player.

http://www.createorconquer.com/ is the site, free to use, feedback is more than welcome.

Sorry for the long post. Iâve been looking long and hard on the Net for a site to first post this on, and this site gives me good vibes that readers will understand what I am trying to create.

Eliia

This looks pretty amazing. Are you planning to expand it to other genres or is it limited to strictly fantasy RPGs (which would still be great!)?

Thank so much! I've been busy working on the game. I've recently added Flash tutorials links to the homepage. We have over 700 members since July 06!

We have some really cool areas built by players
- Abandoned Mineshaft
- The Covert Bane (pirate ship)
- Abandoned Sawmill
- Mistmont Church (with a wicked monster in the basement)

There's tons of recipes to find and make, plus an assortment of weapons! I have a test account for anyone who wants to come check out the game.

The coolest part is that you/anyone can add to the world!

Oh, and to answer your question. The system is built to handle any genre - I just need someone to come to me with the idea and want to help manage it! I am already saving space/Sci-fi files I find so I can make a Space version of the game.

Thanks
Eliia
Create or Conquer
Edited by eliia (see edit history)

The idea is amazing and the way that you pulled it off is also amazing. I think I might join one day. The only thing is that it doesn't state if I can visit other worlds or if others can visit mine and if that is possible it doesn't tell me how to do that. Other than that it is wonderful.

Thanks! I've beening building it more and more lately, and I have a nice posse of people who are adding to the world.To answer your question, yes you can travel between different cities - right now there is Malmon, the main city (Good), and across the Aquatea Sea is the village of Waterborough (Evil).There is a test account on the homepage so you can try it out.ThanksRob

IT looks good, i wouldnt play it for the simple fact that im not into those kinda games, but the screen shots i saw were nothing short of amazing. If you cant already you should make it so that you can open stores in the cities for other people to buy your stuff, i think that would be cool. Good luck im your quest to make it better, and nice jod!! on what youve done.Hope ya the best,Zemon1

help please

Hey I downloaded files (simplerpg) to make my own game but they show up as .Php files and micrsoft image files and try to open with that, so how do I use and make game with these files? please help

Replying to eliiaGreat idea, I was looking for something similar when I came across this, though I'd dreaded having to manufacture my own system. I'll certainly have a go with this, though... I agree wholly about the necessity of open-ended gameplay, definitely nowadays. (the capability to create 'dreams' in Furcadia was probably the first indicator that that kind of accessibility has great appeal)-reply by Perky

Can you make me a new website called Dragon masters

I would like to have a website called dragon masters where you are a great dragon rider who needs to become a high enought levle to defeat the evil Dragon lord.

You would start of as a levle 1 and the highest levle would be 150.

You had to do qwests to gain money and buy pets armoure spells wepons shields and nothing els but I think it would be ace

-reply by not specified

can i getlink/i am somewhat of a graphic desiigner as a hobby

Hi hows it going. I would LOVE to test out your gaming platform it sounds great also I do al little animation in my spare time so I am not the best but I can help thanks email me

-reply by Justin

how to make a game like space4k

Hi I'm learning python. I'm trying to make a game like space4k. But I'm still not surn how to do it and I need help BAD this is my 1st just to let you no

Thanks

-question by stephen