xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lonebyrd

Searching For A Good Drop-down Menu Script

I've been on-line looking for a script for a drop-down menu, but can't seem to find the one I'm looking for. I'm wondering if I can explain it well enough for someone here to help me out. The kind I'm looking for should be vertical first off. It looks like a box that you can hover over and when you hover over it, it can have one or more of the same kind of boxes appear on the side. All of these side boxes are links to other pages. I'm looking to put this menu in my CSS, as this will appear on all my pages.If anyone knows where to find a script like this, or knows an easy way to do this, please let me know. I'd also like to be able to customize the colors of the boxes and text, maybe border of boxes if possible. I know I'm probably being very picky, sorry.(edit)Also, I could only find what I was looking for in Javascript, but the CSS for that looked very complicated and I know nothing of JS at the moment. If someone knows of a menu in PHP or HTML that would be great!

Edited by lonebyrd (see edit history)

Hmm...I don't think there's any drop down menus that can be created by HTML alone. (Or PHP for that matter). But if you're looking for vertical dropdowns that don't have a ton of JavaScript involved, AListApart does a very nice version here--http://alistapart.com/d/horizdropdowns/horizontal2.htm
Though the title says 'Horizontal Menu' in their article, it seems quite vertical to me. (:unsure: They have another version of this menu that they call 'vertical' but looks very horizontal to me)

In fact, if you have Firefox, you probably don't need the JavaScript bit at all to see the menu in action--apparently all of it is taken care of by CSS's hover property. (Unfortunately, since IE doesn't support it, the JavaScript has to be included...)

Edited by Arbitrary (see edit history)