xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dhanesh1405241511

Man Struck By Lightning & Blames iPod

LMFAO .. the title says it all .. but if you really want to read the whole story .. then here you go ..

Jason Bunch a Colorado teen was listening to his iPod while mowing the lawn on a Sunday afternoon which was when he got struck by lightning.
Next what he knew was that he was in bed bleeding from his ears and throwing up. He was also unaware how he got back inside.
His face was burned all the way down to his hip where his iPod was. His family claim his iPod attracted the lightning bolt but it didn't hit bigger things such as trees.

Gregory Stewart, an expert said this.

"There is no scientific evidence to show that lightning is 'attracted' to items like an iPod. However, if someone wearing earbuds is struck, current may travel along the wires into the ears," said Gregory Stewart of the Denver-based Lightning Reference Center. "There are documented cases of lightning traveling through wired telephones and killing the users. "

Objects such as loose change in victims' pockets have left first- and second-degree burns after a lightning strike, Stewart said.

So iPod users, no real reason to panic unless you plan listening to your iPod during a thunderstorm. :unsure:

Source: Neowin

lol .. i still cant stop laughin at this freek. I mean its nothing to laugh at .. but c'mon .. blame it on an iPod ? Thats too extreme. Gosh .. whats the world comming to ..

Regards
Dhanesh.

He could have also had a golf club in his hand and been under aree wearing a copper or even better a bunch of gold braclets and necklaces with copper shoes, then he really would have been messup if not blown to smithereens.

It's kinda funny how people find many ways to blame on the iPod. Com'on, if it affects an iPod, it'll affect with other MP3 Players and electronic device. An iPod is just an ordinary overpriced MP3 Player.xboxrulz

Yes, I've listened to a number of people blaming the iPod though the blame could fall on any kind of MP3 player. There was this kid at my school who rode his bike to school everyday while listening to an iPod. Then one day a truck crashed into him and nearly killed him. While he was in the hospital, his parents started telling everyone it was his iPod's fault--his iPod had distracted him from being aware of his surroundings. People are always interested in putting down the popular... :unsure:

Hehehe, blaming an iPod?That is ridiculous, like blaming a black cat for bad luck. Okay, not really. But I did get a good laugh out of this story."I think I was struck by lightning because I had some change in my pocket" This story would probably be more ridiculous if he was in a city with tlegraph poles, reception towers, satellites, etc.

Okay. That's it I'm not buying an iPod! Yeah a funny story. The earplugs probably made things worse but it really takes an idiot (preferably an american one) to blame a music player for getting hit by a lightning.

Well - you can literally get away by suing anyone in the US. I wonder why they hunt around for material for America's Funniest Home Videos !! A simple glance at their court proceedings is enough to fetch you material for the next few decades...

This reminds me - my business partner was telling me about this funny incident that took place among his neighbours when he was residing in the US.

Here's how the story goes - one of his neighbours (A) had a pet Cockatoo, which another neighbour (:D would lovingly call Cockatel... One fine morning Mr. B gets a summon from the court - apparently Mr. A has sued him for causing undue distress and mental trauma to his Cockatoo by calling him Cockatel !!! Also that his bird was thoroughly depressed at this.

Mr. A ACTUALLY WON THE CASE !! And Mr. B had to pay some sorta fine along with the promise in court to stop calling the bird Cockatel..

I mean WTF !!!!!!!!! Can you believe it ?? :unsure:

Here's how the story goes - one of his neighbours (A) had a pet Cockatoo, which another neighbour (:D would lovingly call Cockatel... One fine morning Mr. B gets a summon from the court - apparently Mr. A has sued him for causing undue distress and mental trauma to his Cockatoo by calling him Cockatel !!! Also that his bird was thoroughly depressed at this.

Mr. A ACTUALLY WON THE CASE !! And Mr. B had to pay some sorta fine along with the promise in court to stop calling the bird Cockatel..

/l\

:unsure: Now that l is too funny!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, all Mr.A has to do is tell Mr.B to stop calling his Cockatoo a Cockatiel!!!! He doesn't have to sue him!!!

The definition of Cockatiel according to dictionary.com:

*BLEEP*·a·tiel also *BLEEP*·a·teel

A small crested Australian parrot (Nymphicus hollandicus) having gray and yellow plumage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

syn. Cockatoo

Oh my god.

Seriously, these are the things that make all of us Americans look like complete idiots. That and our president :unsure: but that's another story 24-book volume.

They probably just made a big deal about it so they could sue Apple (whose deep pockets are in the billions of dollars). No doubt they thought they could retire early on Apple's tab. Haha- now that guy's name is just all over the internet.

I heard many stories about people sueing for riduculous things and situations. It just seems like everyone is doing anything just to get some money, even if its the most stupid thing. But hey, I know some stupid things done that are now televised and people are making money. This world is a very interesting place, with very odd people. There are times when I just sit and think about what goes on in the minds of those people that they can just go out there in the real world and believe that they can probably make a big buck for a random event that just happened like the guy being struck by lightining and blaming iPod for his unfortunate accident.People this days, they are really just unpredictable if you ask me :unsure:

This could have happened to any mp3 headphones carrier. Any metal and copper wire extended along or near the body will work as an antenna. The lawnmover was the biggest conducter, but as it is, lighting does take the nearest point of entry when it comes down....is that not why lightning rods are at the top of buildings and structures?Message is, if you plug your ears, keep those eyes open for thunderclouds! This is common sense.Apple should sue him for slander. The lawnmover manufacturer too, if he even thinks about it.True story that golfers will appreciate: Lee Trevino was playing the iron 1, about to take the backswing, he was struck (by lightning). He survived and spoke the memorable words: You see, not even God can play an iron 1!

I think its just human nature to find an "easy out" or "scape goat" in this case, and others stated it was the iPod. In the past people have blamed their "Walkman" or "Discman" for acidents while they were riding their bike or driving their car. Ok listening to music when biking/skating/jogging on a busy road isn't that smart since it is distracting and makes it more difficult to hear traffic. Now for the "my iPod got me electricuted" I have to laugh, an iPods construction in an of itself doesn't attract electricity enough to pull lightning. Now if he had been standing in the middle of an open feild, with his iPod on a 100 foot pole, durring a thunder/lightning storm, now that would attract lightning through the iPod but then he couldn't blam it on the iPod itself, just his own stupidity.

Well, if someone can win in a lawsuit against McDonald's over whether there is sufficient notice that the coffee is hot, then I guess sueing Apple becoz the ipod causes someone to be struck by lightning is not that far fetch after all. Heck, we might all laugh here but who knows... that guy might win after all.... :unsure: