xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ginginca

Inbound Links & Google

One of my sites has many dozens of inbound links. And the pages that these sites are on ARE in google's index.However, when I list in google, the sites that link to this site, there's only a few. Back in April I manually added a page from each of the sites using google's add URL. But there has been no change.Any thoughts?

As far as I know, Google's 'Add a website' function is really slow. I tried this before, and it took several months before my site actually got added to Google's index. I don't know if they purposefully slow down the adding process if you try to force them to add it or not, but it was slower for me. Another thing--did you try to add an exact page of the site? Because if you did Google might already have that site indexed. If it's already indexed, Google doesn't really want people to continue submitting pages inside the site by hand, as they say their search engine spiders will crawl the site. So that might also be the problem-- Google probably already has these sites listed, just not the exact pages.

Edited by Arbitrary (see edit history)

I only resubmitted ones that didn't appear to be indexed.If I search who is linking back to me in other SE, I get about 900 inbound links. This aspect of google is mystifying me. I have a PR of ONE on this site. It's about 3 years old.

Hum. That is weird. Perhaps there's a delay time between Google's spiders crawling a site (and saving it somewhere) and actually indexing it and making it appear on Google's website. And maybe the crawled sites are listed when you search for links to a particular site. Eh...confusing indeed.Or maybe there's some cache version of Google saved by your browser and so its viewing that version instead of the currently updated Google? I dunno.